NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVR recording Scheduling - conflicts reported when there are none
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to record 2 channels simultaneously from 7 PM to 9 PM tonight, recording 4 sitcoms on one, and 2 dramas on the other. NPVR is saying they conflict.

I have a 2 tuner HDHomeRun from 2013-ish. It's wired to the same gigabit switch as the PC I'm recording programming on. It works great with my aerial up in the rafters in my garage. The PC is an old Core 2 I picked up for $99 on NewEgg just for use as a DVR, with 4 GB RAM and an SSD boot drive. I may soon replace it with a laptop with Core i5 with 8 GB RAM, and SSD. Recordings are saved to a USB2 external 2 TB drive.

I removed all repeating recordings, rebooted the PC, and re-added all 6 shows as recurring programs with no padding between shows (the 1st shows on each channel were set to have a minute of pre-padding, and the last having a minute of post-padding). Unfortunately, it sill won't record all six programs. I'm guessing my Guide is showing a very slight overlap in shows on the same channel and it might not be being handled well.

I was fortunately able to get 3 of 4 sitcoms and both dramas to record, but it's a bummer that I couldn't record everything. Is there something more I can do? Does NextPVR support saving padding to both programs in sequence on the same channel without needing to use 2 tuners? I have to assume I'm not the first person to think this would be a huge plus.

Anyhow - NPVR log post-reboot is attached. Hope it helps.
You need to zip up and include all your logs from the Settings menu. One thing I did notice you are trying to schedule a recording of Charmed that you have already scheduled.

Martin
The issue is going to come down to the order in which you scheduled the shows. With only two tuners, there are many sequences that will cause a "false" conflict when trying to use both tuners continuously; NextPVR is doing exactly what you told it to do, just not what you wanted it to do. Schedule the 1 hour shows first, then the 30 minute shows and you'll find everything works. And yes, you can have overlapping padding, as long as you schedule things in an order which will allow it.