NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Artwork Download Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are a few glitches in the way NPVR handles Artwork Downloads.

Having found I had almost 2GB of Artwork - A lot of it just garbage - I have decided to clear out and start again, after decommissioning imagegrablite.

First problem. In the Artwork settings screen the Preferred Artwork Language dropdown will not stay populated after closing settings - I have tried adding it to config.xml (<PreferredArtworkLanguage>English</PreferredArtworkLanguage>) which may work -, but the dropdown list remains blank. (Using NextPVR.exe dated 28-09-2018 19:13)

Second problem. When a Program name has a Colon in it, NPVR strips it out of the Folder and File Name. It then replaces it in the artwork filenames with an underscore (also in the -catalogue.xml) The poster then displays OK, but the fanart will remain blank (using show metadata screens in Videos and Recordings) unless the underscore is removed from the file name.

Previously Show details were in a [Showname].xml and the Artwork File details (Poster Fanart Banner) in a [Showname]-catalog.xml - Now they now appear to be combined in the -catalogue file, with the show details under the artwork paths - is this the expected behavior?

I think there is also still a problem with the handling of [...] at the end of a truncated show name, but I cant find an example at the moment.
Lao Pan Wrote:Second problem. When a Program name has a Colon in it, NPVR strips it out of the Folder and File Name. It then replaces it in the artwork filenames with an underscore (also in the -catalogue.xml) The poster then displays OK, but the fanart will remain blank (using show metadata screens in Videos and Recordings) unless the underscore is removed from the file name.

After more investigation - If there are 2 or more episodes in the folder, the fanart will not show, with or without the underscore.
Lao Pan Wrote:After more investigation - If there are 2 or more episodes in the folder, the fanart will not show, with or without the underscore.
Where are you seeing this problem? ie, in NextPVR.exe Recordings screen, videos screen, Android/iOS app, other?
sub Wrote:Where are you seeing this problem? ie, in NextPVR.exe Recordings screen, videos screen, Android/iOS app, other?

It is in NextPVR.exe Ready Recordings, with the use Metadata Screens ticked - Single Programs with a Colon in the Title need the Underscore removed from the fanart file name for it to show, but where there is more than one episode in a folder with either the underscore or without there is no fanart showing.
Lao Pan Wrote:It is in NextPVR.exe Ready Recordings, with the use Metadata Screens ticked - Single Programs with a Colon in the Title need the Underscore removed from the fanart file name for it to show, but where there is more than one episode in a folder with either the underscore or without there is no fanart showing.
Could you possibly supply your npvr.db3? Easiest way for me to find a show with a colon.
Here is the db along with some show media that doesn't display properly. - Cleared out the Playback position Table and Vacuumed to get it smaller (And protect the Guilty :eek: )

1) Ship Rescue: The Devon Disaster - Single File not showing Fanart - Remove the Underscore from the Fanart and it displays.

2) Thailand: Earth's Tropical Paradise - Series in a Folder not showing Fanart - Doesn't show even after removing the underscore (I've just noticed the apostrophe which isn't in the file name)

3) Guy Martin: Last Flight of the... - This one also has the [...] at the end which always causes a problem

Over the years I have had to hack the db to get Fanart to display (changing [:] to [ -] removing the [...} etc.) so there are quite a few of these in this database that had been a problem.
Lao Pan Wrote:Here is the db along with some show media that doesn't display properly. - Cleared out the Playback position Table and Vacuumed to get it smaller (And protect the Guilty :eek: )

1) Ship Rescue: The Devon Disaster - Single File not showing Fanart - Remove the Underscore from the Fanart and it displays.

2) Thailand: Earth's Tropical Paradise - Series in a Folder not showing Fanart - Doesn't show even after removing the underscore (I've just noticed the apostrophe which isn't in the file name)

3) Guy Martin: Last Flight of the... - This one also has the [...] at the end which always causes a problem

Over the years I have had to hack the db to get Fanart to display (changing [:] to [ -] removing the [...} etc.) so there are quite a few of these in this database that had been a problem.

Hi Sub

Did you manager to get any of these sorted for the new release?

Thanks
Lao Pan Wrote:Hi Sub

Did you manager to get any of these sorted for the new release?
Sorry - no. I did start investigating these, but got side tracked and forgot to come back to it.