NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Buffering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched everywhere and can't find an answer. So I have my media center running a 3.0 dual core e8400. It has my colossus 2 pvr in where I run nextpvr. Everything runs great locally buy whe outside my network it play for 2-8 min then buffers. I have tried on fast wifi and fast LTE where I got 50mbps down and 20 up and still dose this. Would this mean that computer is to slow for streaming, any ideas would be good?

Thanks.
What are you trying to watch with? iOS/Android app, web app, NextPVR client, Kodi client, Emby client etc?

If it's using the native stream, it's likely the network isn't keeping up. People usually get nothing like their official internet plan published numbers (ie, those numbers might be correct as far as your providers network, but as soon as it goes out to other networks, the numbers drop).
Using my android phone
Oh also tried it kodi, plex, nextpvr app.
But only a problem remotely? ie, plays fine on the local network? It sounds like your network connection isn't keeping up.

NextPVR client mode and Kodi both use full bitrate stream, which will be the hardest for your internet connection to keep up.

Android app with direct-play disabled is your best chance, since it transcodes to a lower bitrate stream. If it's having issues with stuttering/buffering, try selecting a lower bitrate then try again.
A ten year old c2d 8400 would probably not be able to to transcode on the fly. You could try using NextPVR web to see how well that works on your internal lan

Marin
I have tried the web app through internal and it works perfectly. The best solution is using plex(wish you guy made plex channel). If I use nextpvr android app or web outside my it buffers constantly. Wish I could get kodi to work properly, but as I mentioned if I use plex it seems to handle buffering better.

Thanks for the help.
MaxOne72 Wrote:I have tried the web app through internal and it works perfectly.
Quote:If I use nextpvr android app or web outside my it buffers constantly.
Given these two bits of information, then it just sounds like you've currently got the bitrate set higher than your internet connection can consistently handle. Try a lower bitrate.