NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Bulk Mapping not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During a recent holiday, my NPVR server decided to die (Overheated power supply due to seized fan :madSmile
On return home I replaced the power unit and decided as the "better half" wasn't expecting service, I would take the opportunity to rescan all the Satellite and terrestrial channels for changes.
1st thing I discovered was the 0282 Astra tuning file is out of date and unfortunately http://satellites-xml.eu is down due to their own system crash
I also found the Terrestrial Granada Winter Hill file not quite right too.

After manually editing the tuning files, I decided to clear all channels from the tuners and start with a clean re-scan.

After the rescan, I selected the channels I wanted and of course, have duplicates between Satellite & terrestrial so merged them and set channel numbers to the order I wanted.
Selected update EPG and got......absolutely no EPG data :confused:

Ok now onto checking EPG setup. I noted that all the channels were showing an EPG source of "None" Sad So went into Bulk Map and changed the 1st channel to "Freesat".
I get no option to copy to the other channels. If I click OK, the channel goes back to saying EPG Source "None"

So I now set the channel singularly to "Freesat" in the main Channels setting area, click OK. It remembers that.
Back to Bulk Map. Tried changing the 1st channel to DVB/ATSC. Don't get any option to copy to other channels. Click OK. Now the EPG Source has been set back to "None"

So far every option I've tried for Bulk Map doesn't work.

I've not included logs because there's nothing in there relating to the mapping nor any errors.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug? Didn't really want to set EPG source manually for every channel.
Bobins Wrote:I also found the Terrestrial Granada Winter Hill file not quite right too.

Ok now onto checking EPG setup. I noted that all the channels were showing an EPG source of "None" Sad So went into Bulk Map and changed the 1st channel to "Freesat".
I get no option to copy to the other channels. If I click OK, the channel goes back to saying EPG Source "None"

So I now set the channel singularly to "Freesat" in the main Channels setting area, click OK. It remembers that.
Back to Bulk Map. Tried changing the 1st channel to DVB/ATSC. Don't get any option to copy to other channels. Click OK. Now the EPG Source has been set back to "None"

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Would that be the [United Kingdom - Granada - Winter Hill(Mar 07 2018).ini] or one of the other Winter Hill inis, which are definitely obsolete?

I've just checked The March one in the installer is wrong - the one now in the zip file at https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post522036 is the correct one (Sub must have downloaded it before I spotted the screwup and replaced it)

A couple of years ago I had the same problem with bulk mapping, going from XMLTV to DVB/ATSC - had to do each one in turn.
It worked going from DVB/ATSC, but not going back again - looks as though you have found the same feature - there are no Bugs in NPVR Wink
I had a look at both UK - Granada - Winter Hill files and realising neither was quite right, edited my own.
I was aware of the sterling work you did updating the tuning files post 1st phase UK channel moves so was a bit surprised to find one not right.

When the Satellite-xml site is back up, I'll check what details they've got for the Astra 0282 as the existing tuning file is definitely out-of-date.

My "I'll just run a scan to see if there's been any channel updates" has turned into a bit of a nightmare. Can't seem to get BBC 2 HD EPG data from Freesat now (I thought it was there before I started playing but maybe the data was coming from one of the terrestrial DVB channel EPGs.)

Waiting for SUB's input on the Bulk Map problem
From memory, it's only ever given an message asking to auto map the rest of the channels when you switch a channel to XMLTV or SchedulesDirect. (since usually its a case that the user would start from either DVB/ATSC EPG or None, and switch to XMLTV or Schedules Direct)
So for Freesat I need to do it all manually?
Ah well...will keep me busy for a while
Bobins Wrote:So for Freesat I need to do it all manually?
Ah well...will keep me busy for a while
If I had more time available, I'd offer to add this functionality, but my day job is keeping me busy right now.
Day Job (Food on table/roof overhead) have to be priority.
Don't know how you find the time to support this project like you do!
It's well appreciated!