NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextEnd: "Sports event monitor did not start"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm getting the error "Sports event monitor did not start" for a sporting event tonight, but am not sure why. NPVR also failed to extend the sporting event, understandably, but it worked fine two days ago. A quick forum search didn't bring up much. Logs are attached. Any ideas? Thank you!
Sometimes the API gets locked and doesn't return good results for some reason. I just checked the API and it was showing that the game was still on. I visited the ESPN web site and the status was ok and then re-checked the API and it showed concluded.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Sometimes the API gets locked and doesn't return good results for some reason. I just checked the API and it was showing that the game was still on. I visited the ESPN web site and the status was ok and then re-checked the API and it showed concluded.

Sorry to bother you on this problem again, but I'm now starting to see it consistently. The logs show it always failing at the same time: 2:11 after the start of the broadcast. In this case, the broadcast started at 7:00pm, and it lists status_in_progress, until 9:11pm, when the logs show this:

Code:
2019-03-23 21:09:03.915    [DEBUG][1]    Waiting
2019-03-23 21:11:03.927    [DEBUG][1]    Schedule oid 15574 Status STATUS_IN_PROGRESS
2019-03-23 21:11:04.493    [DEBUG][1]    LivePvrData.Data.Net.Responses.StatusResponse [Title=NBA Basketball, Status=Start Delay, IsValid=True, IsActive=False, IsComplete=False, IsError=False, ]
2019-03-23 21:11:04.493    [DEBUG][1]    Sports event monitor did not start
2019-03-23 21:11:04.493    [DEBUG][1]    Monitor status = none
2019-03-23 21:11:04.502    [DEBUG][1]    Cancelling wake up request for for 'EP030312261097'
2019-03-23 21:11:04.502    [DEBUG][1]    Cancelling wake up request for for 'EP030312261097-backup'
2019-03-23 21:11:04.511    [DEBUG][1]    CancelAllWakeupRequests

The game is still active when this event happens. And it's the same thing for every recent game. Weird. I've attached the full log. Up for a look?

Thanks!
NextEnd depends on the ESPN ticker data and if this is not updating there is nothing I can. The start delay message is basically saying the data is stale, and it stops at the normal end time otherwise it might recording forever. I see it worked on the 16th so I don't think the API itself changed. I will check some games to see how things go.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:NextEnd depends on the ESPN ticker data and if this is not updating there is nothing I can. The start delay message is basically saying the data is stale

Yuck. Thanks for checking. It makes complete sense to bail and let the recording finish on time, if the data is stale. I can confirm that ESPN's Gamecast is still working properly, but I'm not sure that means anything for the feed you're receiving.
Gamecast uses the same API I use and when it stalls what I have found is going to ESPN.com and looking at Gamecast is enough to trigger the update. It is not server or cookie related because the cheap linux host runs in the US and I am in Canada.

Martin
Hi -- Just a ping to see if you've found anything interesting while checking games. Mainly I'm curious if this may be a permanent condition for the ESPN feed, and if I should switch to adding longer buffers to sporting events. (I manually extend them now, so it hasn't been a short-term problem for me)
Sorry it slipped my mind. I don't think it is the ESPN feed issue because the API seems to work If you don't care about the post game show one of the options of NextEnd is to kill the recording when the game ends if you set a long length and the game is found. I will check some games tonight.

What I am speculating on is there is a problem on the date in the API since the service I use is hosted in the East and the API doesn't react differently based on the date in the call

Martin
Understood. Thanks for taking the time to look into this, honestly I hate bothering you at all, but the feature is just so handy. I'll take a look at the option to ignore the postgame show. I think I'd be ok with that in a pinch.

Interesting about the idea of time zones. I'll look forward to hearing what you find out.
The option is --cancel if you want to test it out. It's not a bother and it is basically working for me. Because I am Canadian "We the North" so a lot of east code feeds. Next week there is a GSW Lakers game I have set up to test.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4