NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVr Windoes Client crashing going to the EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, This has happened several times on different clients. When I escape to go back to the EPG I just get a black screen and then unable to access the client computer. I just get a popup saying the program is not responding. do I want to wait for it to respond to close the program.
This happened around 6pm.

Thank you for your time.

Bruce
Are these the logs from a client or from the server? Was the client running just NextPVR to access the server or was Kodi involved or something else?

The npvr.log.1 has ...

Quote:2019-01-07 17:26:44.757 [ERROR][272] Unexpected error doing Schedules Direct login: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NShared.SchedulesDirectJSONEPGSource.DoPOSTRequest(String url, String token, String body)
2019-01-07 17:26:44.757 [ERROR][272] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NShared.SchedulesDirectJSONEPGSource.DoPOSTRequest(String url, String token, String body)
2019-01-07 17:26:44.757 [ERROR][272] {"code":403,"response":"Blank username."}

You might want to check the Schedules Direct username and password that you have typed into NextPVR.
These are the logs of the client. It was just running NextPVR. It does not happen all the time. I have had this happen on a few machines I have built. The username is in and correct.
Brucek2839 Wrote:These are the logs of the client. It was just running NextPVR. It does not happen all the time. I have had this happen on a few machines I have built. The username is in and correct.

You don't need to update the EPG on a NextPVR client computer. A NextPVR client computer uses EPG and other data data in the database on the NextPVR server. The NextPVR server and the location of the database on the NextPVR server are set at NextPVR Settings --> Devices ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ices#toc10
I Think we are talking about two different things. I am talking about exiting from a live program and going back to the program guide. That is when NextPVR seems to be hanging up.
The next time I watch TV I will record it to show what is happening...

Thank you,
Bruce
Brucek2839 Wrote:I Think we are talking about two different things. I am talking about exiting from a live program and going back to the program guide. That is when NextPVR seems to be hanging up.

For completeness ... NextPVR has two components ... 1) The Recording Service runs continuously and connects to the source such as a physical tuner or an IPTV server. The Recording Service captures broadcast data and creates a file containing the recording ... 2) The NextPVR software that you see on screen. This plays recordings by reading the recording file. The NextPVR on-screen software displays Live TV by connecting to the Recording Service and requesting that the Recording Service sends a stream of broadcast data.

Typically, NextPVR provides a client/server service to multiple computers by running the Recording Service on one computer that connects to the physical tuners and makes recordings. The computers that are used for viewing (perhaps including the computer that is running the Recording Service) all connect to the Recording Service computer to obtain recording files or Live TV.

An install of NextPVR on a computer installs the Recording Service software and the the NextPVR on-screen software. Typically, the Recording Service software does nothing on the "client" computers.

It is possible to run multiple Recording Services on multiple computers if each Recording Service is connecting to its own physical tuners or if the Recording Service is connecting to an IPTV source.
Try this patch https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post529465 and see if it helps.

Martin
Martin,
Should this be installed on the server or client or both?
Thank you,
Bruce
I only installed it on the client.
Do a Stop NPVR service and exit the Ntray before doing the copy.
You can start Ntray with C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\NTray.exe, or close you session and login again.
Slight left turn here... Have you tried using NLite instead of using the NPVR full program as a client? If your NLite client is on the same network, it's much easier, no configuration, no tweaking, just install and go.
Pages: 1 2