NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Running into issues with the EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I'm new to the whole IPTV scene, so please forgive me if my questions seem overly simplistic. I've looked through the thread history back several pages, but if my questions have been answered previously and you can point me to the thread, TIA.

1. I'm running my IPTV service through a proprietary app on a Fire Stick. When I update the EPG using the provided url inside that app, all seems to work fairly accurately. However, when I'm in NextPVR, which I'm running on a Windows 10 machine, the channels are all recognized but the EPG update only comes back with about 40 of the 6000+ channels. Does anybody have any ideas why?

2. The EPG in NextPVR doesn't seem to be executing the scheduled update as expected. I've confirmed that the settings are correct and show the EPG is supposed to be updating nightly, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Is there a config file somewhere that might be overriding that setting?

I'm desperate to cut the cord, but can't get the family's permission to do that until I can show them that the programs will be here when they are ready to watch them, so again, thanks for the help.
bdken Wrote:1. I'm running my IPTV service through a proprietary app on a Fire Stick. When I update the EPG using the provided url inside that app, all seems to work fairly accurately. However, when I'm in NextPVR, which I'm running on a Windows 10 machine, the channels are all recognized but the EPG update only comes back with about 40 of the 6000+ channels. Does anybody have any ideas why?
Hit the 'update epg' button, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look. In my experience with IPTV provider it's very common to only have listings for a subset of their channels (though I'd expect you to get listings for a lot more than 40). I've yet to see a provider that has listings for even half their channels.

Quote:2. The EPG in NextPVR doesn't seem to be executing the scheduled update as expected. I've confirmed that the settings are correct and show the EPG is supposed to be updating nightly, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
I should also be able to tell this from the logs.
Here are the requested logs.
Good Day...One thing I have noticed in my experience when trying to import more than 2000 channels is that NPVR is slow in completing that task. I don't think its the fault of NPVR though as much as too much data trying to get to your account via whatever connection you have in terms of speed. for instance, I have a 100 MB/s, a 300 MB/s and a 1000 MB/s connection on my windows 10 machines. In trying to import 2000 channels in the 100 it is very slow and timeout before its completion. Likewise in the 300 it does complete the task but it does take a while to complete. As one would expect, in my 1000 connection its lightning fast and can complete up to 3500 channels before it too starts to slow up. I guess my lesson in this whole exercise was, who really needs more than 500 channels to watch? So I extract the channels I really need/want (325) and go with that which make me a happy camper. Anyway, that's just my input.
Thank you for your response, and I wholeheartedly agree that of the thousands of channels available, having the ability to get that number down to a manageable amount is definitely one way to solve the problem. If I were to pursue that option, what steps would need to be taken to pare down the channels? Would I just go into the channel listing and begin removing the ones I didn’t want? As I stated initially, this is still new so forgive my ignorance of the process.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Good Day bdken...see my thread on this https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...-EPG-Chord. There are other threads around thi forum also that may also help you in accomplishing what you want to do.If you need some help just let me know here. Cheers!!
I can see the epg update is successfully pulling in listings for 1492 channels, but I'm guessing is everything supplied by your IPTV provider, most of which were USA/UK/Canada/etc.

I can see the overnight EPG update happened correctly on 2019-01-09, but didn't happen on the 10th (like the machine was asleep). It tried to do it on the 11th, but it returned the machine was unable to connect to your IPTV provider that night
Quote: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host 193.200.164.165:83
I can also see that your machine is trying to transcode your channels. It shouldn't have to do this (leads to much higher CPU, and sometimes recordings that are cut short). I think you need to install this patch, which fixes this recent problem that popped up with Vaders (and other resellers of the same streams):
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post529004