NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV Listings not updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

My TV listings are not updated in the guide unless I restart nextpvr.exe. I have checked the logs and they are downloading at the scheduled time using Schedules Direct. I do not have any extra tasks that run when updating. Each day the guide will show 1 less day of schedules until it is completely blank after 14-15 days if I don't restart nextpvr.exe. This machine primarily records. I use a Kodi to watch recordings. I do not schedule from Kodi, only the nextpvr interface. TV Guide or Recordings menu are always displayed 24/7, although the cable box hdmi port is selected. It does not sleep or hiberate.

Edit: I do not restart the computer or recording service, just exit the UI, nextpvr.exe, and start it again.

Thanks
Perhaps as part of the EPG update kill the NextPVR.exe task and restart a new one.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Perhaps as part of the EPG update kill the NextPVR.exe task and restart a new one.
No, don't do that.
irondude Wrote:Hi All,

My TV listings are not updated in the guide unless I restart nextpvr.exe. I have checked the logs and they are downloading at the scheduled time using Schedules Direct. I do not have any extra tasks that run when updating. Each day the guide will show 1 less day of schedules until it is completely blank after 14-15 days if I don't restart nextpvr.exe. This machine primarily records. I use a Kodi to watch recordings. I do not schedule from Kodi, only the nextpvr interface. TV Guide or Recordings menu are always displayed 24/7, although the cable box hdmi port is selected. It does not sleep or hiberate.

Edit: I do not restart the computer or recording service, just exit the UI, nextpvr.exe, and start it again.

Thanks
If you just go to the main menu and back into TV Guide, it should reload. ie, it resets the listing cache every time you go back into the TV Guide screen. The assumption was that users wont leave it on the TV Guide screen for weeks at a time.
sub Wrote:No, don't do that.

Other then killing some web client and PCH users who are watching in quiet time, what is the problem?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Other then killing some web client and PCH users who are watching in quiet time, what is the problem?

Martin
If they try doing it from the overnight EPG update, like running commands in PostLoadEPG.bat, they'll find their NextPVR.exe process will no longer be running on the desktop, but instead running in the localsystem context invisible to them.
Ok I was thinking of using runas but it might be too complicated for the average user.

Martin
Thanks All,
I will give a try over the weekend after it's had a few days to sit.
I had a huge problem earlier this week where the EPG wouldn't update. I tried all sorts of things. Eventually what I found that worked was deleting the devices, restarting NextPVR then setting up the devices again by doing a rescan of the channels to find all the channels. After the first rescan as you go to set up each device it will ask if you want to use the information from the first device and I said yes.

I did notice at one stage in the Settings>Misc2>Advanced DVB EPG Settings that at one point there was only one entry in here (at that stage I was getting the EPG for our channel 7 related channels), later there were no entries and I was getting no EPG. Eventually when the EPG was working again there were 5 entries in here.

Regards
David
dbfs Wrote:I had a huge problem earlier this week where the EPG wouldn't update. I tried all sorts of things. Eventually what I found that worked was deleting the devices, restarting NextPVR then setting up the devices again by doing a rescan of the channels to find all the channels. After the first rescan as you go to set up each device it will ask if you want to use the information from the first device and I said yes.

I did notice at one stage in the Settings>Misc2>Advanced DVB EPG Settings that at one point there was only one entry in here (at that stage I was getting the EPG for our channel 7 related channels), later there were no entries and I was getting no EPG. Eventually when the EPG was working again there were 5 entries in here.

Regards
David

To quote sub "No, don't do that." Instead create a new thread with your NextPVR logs and see if we can see what is going on. Also this is totally unrelated to the display update problem the user described.

Martin