NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR unable to find Capture device due Windons10 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Same day Win10 updated NPVR stopped recording ( failed error ) and when we wanted to watch live it sats ' UNABLE TO FIND CAPTURE DEVICE'.

What can Windows updates interfere witrh NPVR work ?

Your expert insights , please

thanks

Pedro
pbelo Wrote:Same day Win10 updated NPVR stopped recording ( failed error ) and when we wanted to watch live it sats ' UNABLE TO FIND CAPTURE DEVICE' What can Windows updates interfere witrh NPVR work ?

We will probably never know what Windows Update might have done. Reboot the computer and if you still have a problem ... attach logs to a post telling us the time that the error message was displayed so that we know where to look in the logs. Thanks.
got the zip log but dont find any button here to upload files, how can I send log file ? thanks
pbelo Wrote:got the zip log but dont find any button here to upload files, how can I send log file ? thanks

Clcik Go Advanced at the bottom right and then click the paperclip icon above the text entry area.
I see, so attach zip for your check on the problem, thanks
pbelo Wrote:I see, so attach zip for your check on the problem, thanks

The nrecord.log has ...

Quote:2019-02-16 13:08:19.139 [DEBUG][9] Failed to connect to location http://tv.server.xdns.pro:80/.../3726.ts?.... [BykqHMW7OnNUcH7HzoHoakz9Vpz/TeJXwuEExWVNiZKfD/PhdYw667yh1QmHKcc9L5DWmO9t0grTQbtrvWUdZMi ...

It looks like NextPVR is not able to connect to your IPTV service. Perhaps try and delete the IPTV service and add the IPTV service again in NextPVR Settings --> Devices.
thanks for reply.
Take out the URL for playlist , m3u formaat + URL for EPG , xml format.
Re inputted them again , same situ. EPG shows OK but no recording .

Reinput route :
---deleted channels on settings- channels.
----Inputed again by devices- device setup - import - playlist .m3u URL + EPG .xml URL

Attach screenshots and new log file for yr checking.

I can watch playlist on my PC without problems with VLC and Perfect Player., so shouldnot be issues reg firewalls or ports, right ?
issue started 2 days ago , before that was all ok, only cahneg was Windows updates ( drivers and Abobe Flash player)

any more ideas to fix this issue ?

many thanks for support
pbelo Wrote:thanks for reply.
Take out the URL for playlist , m3u formaat + URL for EPG , xml format.
Re inputted them again , same situ. EPG shows OK but no recording .

Reinput route :
---deleted channels on settings- channels.
----Inputed again by devices- device setup - import - playlist .m3u URL + EPG .xml URL

The nrecord log is still showing the error ...

Quote:2019-02-16 17:45:00.343 [DEBUG][9] Failed to connect to location http://tv.server.xdns.pro:80/.../13166.ts?....

I don't know why ... but I expect that someone else can help
pbelo Wrote:I can watch playlist on my PC without problems with VLC and Perfect Player., so shouldnot be issues reg firewalls or ports, right ?
Ultimately it's unable to connect to your IPTV service. I'm guessing it will be firewall related - it can easily be different in different applications, since most firewalls store application specific settings.

Maybe try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if it makes a difference.
Thanks sub for input.
I have been testing Mosaic and so far 100% ok to connect my IPTV service, so sadly have to change to it due NPVR is not stable enough to guarantee stable recordings, suddenly 2 days ago it fails to record and nobody knows why.
Disable firewall for a bit but same.
If NPVR is more stable many people I know would pay well for it.
Asked some other friends to test at their homes the NPVR and still cannot connect IPTV service, so seems an issue with program itself.
Anyway appreciate yr inputs to try to help but I need safe and guarantee for recordings and sadly have to switch to MosaicTV.
Pages: 1 2