NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP locks up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi MVP Guys,

Impressive forum. I have already learnt probably more than I ever wanted to know about my MVP from browsing your archives.

Unfortunately I now need someone out there to convince me that my MVP is not a complete waste of space. I bought the MVP a couple of days ago with the primary aim of playing DivX files on my TV. Frustratingly the MVP locks up after about 30mins of playing and the will not respond to the Remote. The only solution is to power off the MVP, restart the server software, and the power on again. Not good.

Firstly I should say that I have NOT installed GBPVR and am using the Hauppauge server software.

I have tried the 2.2 and 2.4beta softare from Hauppage, each with the same result.

I have a wired network consisting of-
PC Pentium4 2.6GHz, 512mb
Netgear DG834G router
Hauppauge MediaMVP (rev D3)

The PC seems to be coping with the transcoding load, usually hovering around the 70% cpu (so it's not maxed out). The network is operating at only 4% of its 100mBit capacity. So I can only guess that the software must be rather ropey or the MVP hardware itself is flakey.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem. If so, do you have a solution you can share? Could GBPVR possibly improve my chances with DivX files?

At the moment I am feeling rather disappointed by this purchase . But maybe someone can cheer me up with a solution Smile

I have also contacted Hauppauge Support with the issue, and I will let you know if I get any joy from there. Otherwise a return trip to the shops for a refund is on the cards.

Thanks for any help or advice,

James
The MVP isnt the ideal device for playing DivX files given it only has native support for MPEG files.

Its easy enough for you to try GB-PVR, so I'd suggest you give it ago.

I'll be honest with you though - DivX support was only added in the last release and for the most part, GB-PVR reuses the Hauppauge MVP transcoding components, so dont expect miracles. GB-PVR does give you slightly more control over the DivX through use of thirdparty software DivX filters like FFDSHow.