NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Renderer and Rew/FFD issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running into an issue I'm not able to figure out.

Problem: While watching a recording, if I press my rewind/fast forward Short Skip buttons quickly, for example twice in one second, the video and all of NextPVR will lock up. This behavior happens for all Video Renderers accept for EVR. In EVR, I have no control to rewind or fast forward.

NOTE: Using the Long Skip buttons quickly produces no issues.

Mics2:
FF/RW behavior: Short Skip
Left/Right behavior: Long Skip

Config.xml:
<SkipForwardSeconds>60</SkipForwardSeconds>
<SkipBackSeconds>60</SkipBackSeconds>
<SkipFFSeconds>10</SkipFFSeconds>
<SkipRWSeconds>10</SkipRWSeconds>

Perhaps I am missing something obvious, and wanted to reach out to you guys for support.
I've tried to analyze the locking up behavior, and I can't see a pattern to report. Simply starting a video and pressing fast forward 4 or 5 times will lock up all of NextPVR and I need to right click to make the "Your program is not responding" popup comes up.

Is there a way to change the .ts player that NextPVR.exe uses? I would want to try changing it to VLC, which seems to play .ts files with fast forwarding without issue.
Rage321 Wrote:Is there a way to change the .ts player that NextPVR.exe uses? I would want to try changing it to VLC, which seems to play .ts files with fast forwarding without issue.
No - you can't change the player that NextPVR uses. It uses it's own build in player. You could try ticking the 'use legacy ts reader and demultiplexer' on the Settings->Decoders screen to see if it makes a difference.
Unfortunately that didn't make a difference. I've disabled the comskip script and will let a few recordings happen and see how they behave.
I've determined that disabling ComSkip didn't help the situation any. In frustration, I used the keyboard to skip a video back and forth and noticed that NextPVR did NOT crash. I tried it from the remote and NextPVR DID crash. I need to look into my remote and keymapping configuration key closely tomorrow or this weekend.
I'm having similar issues. I'll skip ahead 30 seconds at a time (using the remote), as much as 10 minutes, then the video is locked up (this is from a client pc). I can exit and resume at the point I had skipped forward to. I do see a crash if I mouse click on the screen.
Both the client and server are windows 7 boxes.
Would logs from the client or server help?