NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Stopped Recording and started crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Excellent program Always works great. That is until I changed the EPG from XMLTV to the default. Now will not record, misses programs and announces pending for the recordings. Crashes most of the time.
Here is log file
Thanks
John
12vibes Wrote:Now will not record, misses programs and announces pending for the recordings. Crashes most of the time.

I had a quick look but didn't see any problem in the logs ... but NextPVR logs are really, really big and I may have missed something.

Please repost logs as soon as possible after an error and tell us the time of the problem and the name of the show so that we know what to look for in the logs. Thanks.
The signal levels for your tuner don't look very high. Have you checked the cables etc?

Martin
12vibes Wrote:Hi
Excellent program Always works great. That is until I changed the EPG from XMLTV to the default. Now will not record, misses programs and announces pending for the recordings. Crashes most of the time.
Here is log file
Thanks
John

There appear to be some changes that happened to the DVB-T EPG 1-2 months ago - Characters that NPVR couldn't handle and No Show details all over the place.
I seem to have got things OK again by using all the latest patches and increasing the epg scan time to 90 seconds. (this got rid of the Blanks in the epg straight away)

I believe that due to the single frequency networks that they are starting to use to accommodate 700Mhz Clearance, that the epg has to have data for every transmitter in the UK - which makes for a very large data set.
Maybe someone needs to get a Full Transport Stream dump for Sub to look at?
Lao Pan Wrote:There appear to be some changes that happened to the DVB-T EPG 1-2 months ago - Characters that NPVR couldn't handle and No Show details all over the place.
I seem to have got things OK again by using all the latest patches and increasing the epg scan time to 90 seconds. (this got rid of the Blanks in the epg straight away)

Spoke too soon

Crashed at 05:25 - 10 minutes into epg update - leaving No show Details everywhere. Logs & Crash Dump attached.
Rebooted. Deleted all old logs and Crash Dump - tried a manual epg update.

Crashed 45seconds into the first frequency - no crash dump created.
Graham Wrote:I had a quick look but didn't see any problem in the logs ... but NextPVR logs are really, really big and I may have missed something.

Please repost logs as soon as possible after an error and tell us the time of the problem and the name of the show so that we know what to look for in the logs. Thanks.

Hi
Still Crashing all the time . Presume I will have to reinstall. Logs herewith
Thanks
Sorry but this log was after tried to watch a live program. at about 9am UK time this morning.
John
I’m away on holiday for a couple of weeks, so not in a position to check the mdmp file for a while.