NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Onny getting 3 hours of OTA EPG data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just installed on Windows 10 to see of this will work for me. Channel scan went fine. Downloaded OTA EPG and only get 3 hours of guide info. Have it set for 300 minutes which brings me to the question of why program this for only 300 total minutes of guide data? To top it off I can only download once a day. Can anyone see the problem here? da. Why not be able to set it for downloading every 3 hours. This needs to work out of the box fellas or people are just going to get frustrated and go another route. I don't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to get an xml grabber and all of that.
In the US and Canada the OTA EPG can be awful, sorry to say. Some of my channels have no data at all. This isn't a NextPVR problem all backends have to deal with it Go with Schedules Direct as your source which works out of the box and save yourself all the frustrations and get much better EPG data on top of that.

Martin
I'm not paying anyone for guide data, we have enough of them (Tivo, Tablo, Plex, Embly) . I prefer going back Win 8.1 w/media center which I more likely will do if I can't find a decent no cost solution on Win 10 machines.
Fine, but that's a lot of noise over a few dollars a month for the best solution. Enjoy WMC.

Martin