NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Strange boxes in EPG titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone seen these strange boxes that have appeared in my EPG programme titles before?

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

They mostly appear around the whole title but sometimes just around part of it - seems to be when it starts with 'The', the boxes don't surround 'The', as if they are indicating the words that would be used to file the programme alphabetically or something!

It's a fresh UK installation of NPVR with painstakingly sorted-out channels across DVB-S and DVB-T, and the EPG just collected over the air. As you can see, the boxes don't appear on every channel – but they do appear on a lot, including many radio stations.

Any ideas what's behind these boxes and whether I can do something to get rid of them? Thanks!
That's weird.

I'm away from home for the next week and a half, but when I'm back, I'll get you to supply a sample transport stream so I can try reproducing the guide issue here.
Thanks very much – but this morning I find there's no sign of the boxes in the EPG! So I think it may have to remain a (thankfully short-lived) mystery.
Ok great - maybe it was just some temporary EPG data bug with your TV provider.