NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Knewc 2.7.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have uploaded a new version compatible with v4 and v5 to the repo.

NOTE you will not get this automatically because I changed the name from knew45v to knewc (pronounced "nuke") most testers were calling it the "new client" anyway.

There is another cosmetic name change as sub has changed the protocol name from "web client" to "UI client" for version 5.

Other changes

Kodi Python UI
- most knewc python functions work with new v5 api

UI Client
- prev key broken (v4 and v5)
- need to send certain key to get Nextpvr UI back after playback when OSD is disabled (v5)

Martin
Installed works fine so far, cheers Martin.
Where can I find the Knewc 2.7.0 download?

Thanks
It should be in the same repo as x-newa described in the sticky. I recommend installing from the repo to get updates.

If you add this as mediasources.xml

Code:
<mediasources>
    <network>
        <location id="0">http://xnewa.netai.net/repository.nextpvr.kodi-plugins/</location>
    </network>
</mediasources>

You should be able to install the repo from the zip in it.

Martin
Just installed it and it is working fine. I will continue to use and report any issues. Thanks Martin.
Just tried it from Ubuntu client with v4 server, doesn't work at all. Doesn't appear to connect, but doesn't report that it doesn't connect. No recent or upcoming recordings, no EPG data. Same configuration working with old client. Log file attached.
Thanks for the report, there is a bug in a change for the native mode I use for testing, most people prefer use the UI client interface so this was not reported.

If you use the repo you should get this change automatically as 2.7.1

Martin