NextPVR Forums

Full Version: channel scan not distinguishing channel(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trouble trying to format my question, and where would be the best place to ask. Using Windows 10, MyHDHomerun Duo connect, along with NextPVR, and Kodi.

Recently a broadcast channel nearby (KWKB) has changed stations/ from 2 channels to 5. When using scanning MyHDHomerun to scan the channels, (20.1 KWKB-TV; 20.2 KWKB-TV; 20.3 KWKB-TV; 20.4 KWKB-TV; 20.5 KWKB-TV; 20.6 KWKB-TV), and basically looking like they are all the same channel (the stations are actually 20.1: Escape; 20.2: Laff; 20.3: Grit; 20.4: Bounce TV; 20.5: Light TV
20.6: Infomercials). When I try these stations through the HDHomerun app, I am able to play all the channels.

When I scan the channels through NextPVR, the channels are not being found correctly. I am only able to play 20.1, and 20.2. and will 20.3, 20.4, 20.5 will not play at all, and therefore, I am only able to use 20.1 Escape, and 20.2 Laff through Kodi), I was not sure if there is a something I am missing that will assist in identifying the channels separately. Again, I am sorry if this is confusing, as I have had trouble trying to formulate this question
Don't use the NextPVR choice in setting up the BDA driver in the Silicon Dust config. Use default or MediaPortal

Martin
Due to the 4g and 5g mobile networks the UK is clearing all Channels off the 700Mhz band, you need to update the C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\DVB-T\United Kingdom your region and transmitter .ini file with the new frequencies, they can be found here. https://ukfree.tv/transmitters or use the powershell code below and it will scrape the site for your local transmitter and replace the tuning.ini for your region.
$Region = Read-Host -Prompt "enter your region"
$transmitter = Read-Host -Prompt 'Enter your local transmitter - if it has a space int the name use _ for the space'
$Version = Read-host -prompt "enter the version of NPVR: ie 4 or 5"

$Tran = $transmitter.split(" ")[0]
$Tran1 = $transmitter.split(" ")[1]

$Scrape = $Tran+"_"+$Tran1

If ($Version -eq 5){$File = 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\data\tuning\DVB-T\United Kingdom' + ' - ' + $Region + ' - ' + $transmitter + ".ini"}
Else{$File = 'C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\DVB-T\United Kingdom' + ' - ' + $Region + ' - ' + $transmitter + ".ini"}

Remove-Item $File

$Main = @('[TERTYPE]
1=United Kingdom
2=' + $Region +' - ' + $transmitter
'[DVB]
0=9')

$Main | Out-File $File

$C = (Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Uri "https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/$Scrape").Links | Where-Object {$_.OuterHTML -like "***.*MHz*" -and $_.outerHTML -notlike '*474*'}

$counter = 0
foreach($Line in $C.outerHTML){

$counter++

$MHz = $Line.Split("(M")[1]
$MH = $MHz -replace '[.]',''

$content = $counter.ToString() +'='+$Counter.ToString()+','+$MH.ToString()+'00,0,0,8'
Add-Content $File $content

}

Steve
Thanks for your reply. I have used the mediaportal setting since my initial setup
Good. Do a scan and then upload your NextPVR logs and we can take a look.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Good. Do a scan and then upload your NextPVR logs and we can take a look.

Martin

Okay, thank you. I do have possibly a real basic question, the difference between ATSC vs HDHR?

Also, I did find something that also is contributing the the struggle I've had. I have been using schedules direct, and they did not the channel update reflected in their epg information. I have emailed them, and they are going to make sure their information reflects this change.
clones Wrote:Okay, thank you. I do have possibly a real basic question, the difference between ATSC vs HDHR?

Also, I did find something that also is contributing the the struggle I've had. I have been using schedules direct, and they did not the channel update reflected in their epg information. I have emailed them, and they are going to make sure their information reflects this change.
On the device screen you can used either the 'ATSC' and 'HDHR' device types to communicate with the HDHomeRun.

The ATSC option is using the BDA drivers on the Windows machine, and NextPVR takes care of most of the scanning aspects itself. ie, tuning to specific frequencies, monitoring the broadcast data, to find the channels.

The HDHR option instead uses the HDHomeRun network interface. This option has the HDHomeRun doing most of the work. NextPVR just asks the HDHomeRun for the list of available channels (instead of scanning itself).
In denmark i have for some time lost some of the free danish channels in nextpvr channel search. All channels Can be found in HDHomeRun setup software.can I get help to solve.
(2020-03-26, 07:23 AM)Ernoth Wrote: [ -> ]In denmark i have for some time lost some of the free danish channels in nextpvr channel search. All channels Can be found in HDHomeRun setup software.can I get help to solve.
If you set All Countries / All Regions in NextPVR when you scan, does it find your channels?