NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Well guys FInally a Linux version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great Job on this,
I installed it on Linux Mint Tessa and works perfectly. I added a few auto start scripts and
the system runs excellent I have one question I am using the nextPvr Client the old one for Kodi
My question is when is timeshifting coming to that? I just swapped from myth tv to this to give this a try
I like it very much it is fast and responsive. One other question I am using schedules direct and when
i go to download the icons it doesn't work is it because its not finding them or do i have to download
my local ones myself either way i am happy with it and it seems to run really good on the 64 bit edition
I have a total of 9 silicon dust tuners prime editions with cable cards. My set up is a main tv server and then i
have several windows and linux clients that the server is feeding. Just want to put in my 2 cents. Keep
up the great work

Tony
Darkhorseman45 Wrote:Great Job on this,
I installed it on Linux Mint Tessa and works perfectly. I added a few auto start scripts and
the system runs excellent I have one question I am using the nextPvr Client the old one for Kodi
My question is when is timeshifting coming to that?
We've successfully experimented with a test version of the Kodi addon with timeshift support, to check what was required. I'm not 100% sure when Martin will have time to make the official change to the addon. Unfortunately it's kind of bad timing, since they moved the main development branch to Kodi 19 now - this could complicate the process of getting a new official plugin included.

Quote:I just swapped from myth tv to this to give this a try I like it very much it is fast and responsive.
Great.

Quote:One other question I am using schedules direct and when
i go to download the icons it doesn't work is it because its not finding them
Sorry this was a bug in the current build. It's fixed for the next build.
hey Bro,
Thanks for the reply and the answers, Yes when Kodi switched to v19 i was like this is going to make things tough on quite a few developers. I appreciate what you guys do as it is in your spare time. Looking forward to the next release. Hopefully Martin will get that time shift plugin fixed. would be great. Anyways Enjoy your day and thank you for the answer i am continuing to test i have had it running since 7:00pm yesterday all night on 3 tvs just a couple of breakups on 1 channel and i do believe it was the channel not the server it came right back so probably signal loss if you need anything that i could possibly help with let me know. thank you again

Tony
For the icons for now you can change to .NPVR-data and

ln -s media Media
cd media
ln -s channels Channels

I'm hoping to start work on Kodi this week. Up to now I've had to have had to hack things to even do any testing, for several reason my v4 backend cannot easily convert to v5 but now my OTA ATSC setup is now looking good enough to move forward.

Martin
Hey Martin,
That is awesome... Wonderful news I know how busy things can get I have been part of Kodi since the xbmc days and have of course work with yavdr vdr-vnsi mediaportal i ran the gambit especially back in the old dish tv days if you know what i am getting at. But i am loving NextPvr on linux Very stable so far i have run turned on all 6 tvs in my house and it hasn't fluttered i am just now cleaning up my Linux mint install and getting rid of myth-tv as it is big and clunky at times. This is a super sweet install and loving it when the timeshifting gets straightened out it will be awesome. Thank you so much for your work it is appreciated i will be donating. Thank you once again!

Tony
mvallevand Wrote:For the icons for now you can change to .NPVR-data and

ln -s media Media
cd media
ln -s channels Channels

I'm hoping to start work on Kodi this week. Up to now I've had to have had to hack things to even do any testing, for several reason my v4 backend cannot easily convert to v5 but now my OTA ATSC setup is now looking good enough to move forward.

Martin

Thank you Martin Freaking Excellent!!!!!
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Odd they don't show up for me even know there file in both channels and Channels
[email]shspvr@shspvr-game:~/.NPVR[/email]-data/media/channels$ dir
KDORDT2\ (KDOR-DT2).png KMYTDT3\ (KMYT-DT3).png KOTVDT2\ (KOTV-DT2).png
KDORDT3\ (KDOR-DT3).png KMYTDT4\ (KMYT-DT4).png KOTVDT\ (KOTV-DT).png
KDORDT4\ (KDOR-DT4).png KMYTDT\ (KMYT-DT).png KQCWDT\ (KQCW-DT).png
KDORDT5\ (KDOR-DT5).png KOEDDT2\ (KOED-DT2).png KRSUDT2\ (KRSU-DT2).png
KDORDT\ (KDOR-DT).png KOEDDT3\ (KOED-DT3).png KTULDT2\ (KTUL-DT2).png
KJRHDT2\ (KJRH-DT2).png KOEDDT4\ (KOED-DT4).png KTULDT3\ (KTUL-DT3).png
KJRHDT3\ (KJRH-DT3).png KOEDDT\ (KOED-DT).png KTULDT4\ (KTUL-DT4).png
KJRHDT4\ (KJRH-DT4).png KOKIDT2\ (KOKI-DT2).png KTULDT\ (KTUL-DT).png
KJRHDT\ (KJRH-DT).png KOKIDT3\ (KOKI-DT3).png
KMYTDT2\ (KMYT-DT2).png KOKIDT\ (KOKI-DT).png
You might need a ctrl-f5 or even a stop and start of the service to see the icons. If you used my symlink they don't physically exist in both places.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You might need a ctrl-f5 or even a stop and start of the service to see the icons. If you used my symlink they don't physically exist in both places.

Martin

They don't show even when I try restart the NPVR I do full reboot after the recording are done Martin maybe that will help
A reboot won't help. Can you send the output of http://nextpvrip:8866/service?method=channel.list

I'm thinking there is a bug on linux variants when a () in the filename.

From the shell they need to be escaped

[email]martin@odroid:~/.NPVR[/email]-data/media/channels$ ls CFMTDT2\ (CFMT-DT2).png
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
[email]martin@odroid:~/.NPVR[/email]-data/media/channels$ ls CFMTDT2\ \(CFMT-DT2).png
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
[email]martin@odroid:~/.NPVR[/email]-data/media/channels$ ls CFMTDT2\ \(CFMT-DT2\).png
'CFMTDT2 (CFMT-DT2).png'

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3