NextPVR Forums

Full Version: config.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there anyway of getting hardware transcoding working with livetv instead of cpu?

Thanks.
There is some complications. NextPVR normally runs as a service. Unfortunately because of the way Windows works, GPUs are not accessible from background services - they need to be used from processes running on the desktop (which is being presented by the graphics card).

You can stop the service, and instead run 'nrecord.exe RUN' from a command prompt, and set the 'Video Encoder' setting on the Settings->Clients screen to either NVidia or Quicksync.
In reality you're better off using a client that does require transcoding.
Yes if you can figure out the ffmpeg setting to do this for your GPU environment they can be entered in config.xml as you suspected and replace
default here <TranscodeHLS>default</TranscodeHLS>

The current settings are

Code:
<TranscodeArgsHLS>-y [SEEK] -i [SOURCE] -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -b:v [BITRATE] -maxrate [BITRATE] -bufsize 2698344 -vsync vfr -profile:v high -level 41 -aspect [ASPECT] -force_key_frames \"expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)\" -s [RESOLUTION] [SUBTITLES] -flags -global_header -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af \"adelay=1,aresample=async=1\" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y [TARGET]</TranscodeArgsHLS>

YMMV.

If you are serious about trying this use v5

Martin
(2019-07-11, 12:40 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]There is some complications. NextPVR normally runs as a service. Unfortunately because of the way Windows works, GPUs are not accessible from background services - they need to be used from processes running on the desktop (which is being presented by the graphics card).

You can stop the service, and instead run 'nrecord.exe RUN' from a command prompt, and set the 'Video Encoder' setting on the Settings->Clients screen to either NVidia or Quicksync.

I dusted off 4.2.5 to use with my Ceton tuners running with windows 8.1 and an I7-3770K. Turning on intel quicksync took cpu from 30-50% to less than 10%.

chatGPT said to use "nrecord -noservice". I told it the actual solution was "nrecord RUN" and it replied that it would inform any future npvr questioners of this response.  Exclamation Big Grin