NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How do I scan for channels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

My environment:
  • Debian 10 (Buster)
  • Tuner card TBS-6902
  • Satellite Astra-28.2E
Whenever I click "Scan Channels" via the web interface, nothing is found. How do I perform a full scan without knowing any frequencies whatsoever? TVHeadEnd scans all available channels and streams them perfectly, but I can't do the same with NextPVR v5.

NextPVR detects my twin tuner card:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I'm confused about what numbers to put in the following three boxes:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Regards,
Burrows.

P.S.

I can't wait for the stable release on Linux so keep up the exciting work! Smile
Using Raspian Buster I recently talked to sub about a scanning issue where it only scanned the first channel

From the command line what do you get with

Code:
./DeviceHostLinux -device:adapter0 -type:DVB-S -scan:/usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-28.2E

Martin
Code:
$ ./DeviceHostLinux -device:adapter0 -type:DVB-S -scan:/usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-28.2E
11:49:51:355 [DEBUG] Scanning from /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-28.2E
11:49:51:355 [DEBUG] Channel config will be saved to /home/burrows/NPVR-data/adapter0-DVB-S-channels.conf
Using LNBf UNIVERSAL
        Universal, Europe
        Freqs     : 10800 to 11800 MHz, LO: 9750 MHz
        Freqs     : 11600 to 12700 MHz, LO: 10600 MHz
Did anything get written to stderr?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Did anything get written to stderr?

Martin

No, that was the whole output (stdout). The following directory DOES NOT exist:
Quote:/home/burrows/NPVR-data

Instead, the following directory DOES exist:
Quote:/home/burrows/.NPVR-data

Is that a bug or intended behaviour?
Sub explained that is how running the CLI like this works. If you create NPVR-data do you get more info?

Martin
My last post is awaiting approval from the mods. It contained `Segmentation fault` after the scan.
It might have a URL in it copy what you want into a txt file and attach it.

Martin
I still had tvheadend running, sorry. After stopping tvheadend I executed the same command again. Attached is the output.
Yes that is basically what I expected. I think there is something going on with handling newer version of libdvbv5 shspvr also reported something similar to what you and I are seeing.

Martin
Pages: 1 2