NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Some Channels not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm using NPVR with dual Hauppauge HDPVR2 capture devices. Everything is working perfectly, except some channels won't display for me. I see the HDPVR fire up and stream, and NPVR shows the device as working, but the screen is blank. The only commonality I can think of is I think these channels are SD.

Is there a log or something I can review to see whats going on? (I'm new to NVPR)

Thanks!

Jason
Could be some channels where your set top box is using HDCP?

Can you view those channels in the Hauppauge Capture application?
If you record those channels, do you end up with a file on disk? Is that file playable in NextPVR or other software?

Quote:Is there a log or something I can review to see whats going on? (I'm new to NVPR)
The Settings->About screen has a 'zip my logs' button.
jasonwilliams Wrote:The only commonality I can think of is I think these channels are SD.

I have had major issues with the Rogers STB boxes when they switch resolution on channels changes so I settled on fixed 720p output for all channels on my STB. Part of the problem is during tuning the channel might actually have an HD resolution.

Some people have also had to modify config.xml <ModeSD> values to get SD to work, I can't remember why.

Martin
Thanks for the help. It's not HDCP as I'm using the component connection on the HDPVR. I'll try forcing a 720p resolution and see where that goes. The channels do show when I use the Hauppauge capture software.
No HDCP is something else. I remember the <ModeSD> issue. If you are watching SD and switch to an HD channel during tuning NextPVR could determine that the resolution is SD and use a really crappy bitrate.

Martin
Update: I was incorrect when I said the channel was working in the Hauppauge Capture program - I was looking at a different channel. When I discovered that, I tried connecting the STB directly to a TV and found the same problem with those channels, which confirmed the issue has nothing to do with the HDPVR2 or NPVR. I ended up calling the cable company and they had to update the firmware of the STB. Now all the channels are working perfectly.

Thanks again for the support!
Great!