NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Difficulty installing v5 on Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having trouble installing V5 in a Raspberry Pi.
I followed instructions and get the following messages.
Can anyone help me interpret what is wrong as i am new to Raspbian and the Pi.
Thanks

commands:

pi@raspberrypi:~/NPVR $ cd NPVR
pi@raspberrypi:~/NPVR/NPVR $ chmod +x ./NextPVRServer
pi@raspberrypi:~/NPVR/NPVR $ cdmod +x ./DeviceHostLinux
bash: cdmod: command not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/NPVR/NPVR $ chmod +x ./DeviceHostLinux
pi@raspberrypi:~/NPVR/NPVR $ ./NextPVRServer
NEXTPVR_INSTALLDIR /home/pi/NPVR/NPVR/
NEXTPVR_DATADIR /home/pi/NPVR/NPVR/data/
NEXTPVR_DATADIR_USERDATA /home/pi/.NPVR-data/
[1] Checking if upgrade required
[1] master file is /home/pi/NPVR/NPVR/data/Config-master-dont-edit.xml
[1] Doing database updates
[1] Database: /home/pi/.NPVR-data/npvr.db3
[1] Version 5.0.0.190710
[1] CaptureSource.LoadAll()
[1] Unexpected error with HDHR discovery: System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Net.Http.CurlHandler' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Http' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'HttpInitializer' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'System.Net.Http.Native': The specified module or one of its dependencies could not be found.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Interop.Http.GetSslVersionDescription()
at Interop.HttpInitializer..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Interop.HttpInitializer.Initialize()
at Interop.Http..cctor()
at Interop.Http.GetSupportedFeatures()
at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler..cctor()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at NShared.Utility.HDHomeRun.Discover(String specificDeviceID)
[1] HDHR Discover
[1] ...
[1] HDHOMERUN_TAG_DEVICE_TYPE: 1
[1] HDHOMERUN_TAG_DEVICE_ID: 1251CD44
[1] HDHOMERUN_TAG_DEVICE_AUTH_STR
[1] HDHOMERUN_TAG_BASE_URL: http://192.168.1.59:80
[1] HDHOMERUN_TAG_TUNER_COUNT: 4
[1] HDHOMERUN_TAG_LINEUP_URL: http://192.168.1.59:80/lineup.json
/home/pi/NPVR/NPVR/DeviceHostLinux: error while loading shared libraries: libdvbv5.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[1] Local Devices:
[1] CaptureSource.LoadAll()
[1] Using in-progress RecordingService
[1] RecordingService.Startup()
[8] ServiceLocatorThread() starting...
[8] ServiceLocatorThread() Hostname: raspberrypi
[8] address: 192.168.1.6
[8] Waiting for broadcast
[7] Requesting wake up for 'EPGWAKEUP' [EPG Update] at 8/1/19 2:44 AM
[7] PowerManagement ScheduleWakeup (needs implementation)
[7] Next EPG update time: 8/1/19 2:44 AM
[6] RecordingService starting...
[6] Doing database vacuum
[6] vacuuming done
[5] Deleting web temp files
[6] No /home/pi/.NPVR-data/scripts/PostStartup.sh
[6] PurgeOldDeletes()
[6] Loading recording schedule
[6] PowerManagement CancelRecordingWakeupRequests (needs implementation)
Segmentation fault
I also get exact line about libdvbv5:confused:
Ludron, make sure you are running the currrent beta, and note that davidbb isn't

Martin
I think that it is little more complex. NPVR should check integrity of every file inside own dir. Also require libdvbv5-dev?
Since you don't understand the problem, I don't understand how you can make that comment. The previous versions of the zip file included a version of dotnet that had problems with libcurl and libssl that lead to the seg fault dotnet is now a separate install and that problem is avoided

Additionally sub doesn't like how the current libdvbv5 works with his code so he now includes another older copy with the release so DeviceHostLinux will work and libdvbv5-0 is not required. Previously it was a stated manual external install.

If you use the deb install dvb-tools (which has libdvbv5-0 as a dependency) and libdvbv5-0 are installed as recommended programs for reference scanning comparison.

Martin
It is also entirely possible that OP may have corrupt SD card and it should be possible to detect such situation.
Quote:Additionally sub doesn't like how the current libdvbv5 works with his code so he now includes another older copy with the release so DeviceHostLinux will work and libdvbv5-0 is not required. Previously it was a stated manual external install.
Custom kernel and image like in case of Ray?
Everything in the original post points to known issues. Don't make things harder then they need to. I don't believe it is NextPVR s role to validate the integrity of a file system.

Until the op comes back I consider this closed.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Additionally sub doesn't like how the current libdvbv5 works with his code so he now includes another older copy with the release so DeviceHostLinux will work and libdvbv5-0 is not required. Previously it was a stated manual external install.
That's not correct - it's not because I don't like how the current libdvbv5 works that I'm including an older copy...I'm just including the version it was built against, because the v4l project seem to be a bit prone to changing the interfaces, causing segmentation faults. Including the version it expects allows me to avoid the segmentation faults caused by surprise interface changes (now or in the future). The specific versions I'm building against are the current versions available in the Linux distributions I'm using. I'll continue to upgrade libdvbv5 included with nextpvr as new versions become available on my build machines.

Unrelated, I commented that the dvb tuners seem to be working really badly on a RPi4, including with the official tools like dvbv5-scan etc (and I wasn't sure if this was related to USB issues with this device, or buggy early RPi4 support in the kernel, or issue with the latest libdvbv5). This did not cause me to use an old version.
In other threads we can see that NPVR will detect tuners even in case when user is not member of video group.

In this case DeviceHost will return same message even if I copy DeviceHost to parent dir without .so.0 file(so it makes no difference whether that file is present or not).

On the other hand, mini SAT>IP server will run without problem and initialize tuner.

Quote:The loader never checks the current directory for shared objects unless it is explicitly directed to via $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. See the ld.so(8) man page for more details.

mvallevand Wrote:Since you don't understand the problem, I don't understand how you can make that comment.
Ludron Wrote:In this case DeviceHost will return same message even if I copy DeviceHost to parent dir without .so.0 file(so it makes no difference whether that file is present or not).

Please upload your logs and we can check the message.

Quote:In other threads we can see that NPVR will detect tuners even in case when user is not member of video group.

In my default Debian setup my v4l and dvb devices are not world readable but individual installations can have different permissions.

Code:
martin@lenovo:~$ ls -lt /dev/video*

crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 1 Aug  4 21:58 /dev/video1
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 Aug  4 21:58 /dev/video0

martin@lenovo:~$ ls -lt /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 Aug  4 21:58 frontend0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 0 Aug  4 21:58 demux0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 2 Aug  4 21:58 net0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 1 Aug  4 21:58 dvr0

Martin
Pages: 1 2