NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't watch live tv in chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I reinstalled nextpvr a few days ago using the .deb instructions.
I can record and playback recordings but livetv fails.
I thought it might be a permissions issue but I changed the live tv directory to be the same as the recordings directory and it didn't help.

VLC cannot play live tv either.
Code:
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://192.168.86.25:8866/live?channel_id=7149'. Check the log for details.

NextPVR Logs attached...

Wierd....
I was going to attach the vlc log also. Vlc doesn't log unless you turn on logging. Turned on logging and tried to stream. Failed again and no log. Killed vlc, restarted it and now it plays the stream. Nextpvr now plays live streams too. Computers :mad:

JLM
drmargarit Wrote:Wierd....
I was going to attach the vlc log also. Vlc doesn't log unless you turn on logging. Turned on logging and tried to stream. Failed again and no log. Killed vlc, restarted it and now it plays the stream. Nextpvr now plays live streams too. Computers :mad:
Was it working in Chrome after that too?
The deb installer setup the permission to /home/drm/recordings. When you change to any new folder such as

/mnt/npvr1/NPVR1

you need to make sure the video group (preferred) or the nextpvr user has read/write/execute access to the folder.

Martin
To summarize:
0) I was trying to trouble shoot and give you as much useful information as possible...
1) It wasn't working when the live tv dir was the default set by the installer. I did a chmod -R 777 (I believe) to give everyone full access to /home/drm/recordings (all the rwx's were present with ls -al) and it didn't help.
2) I was recording successfully to /mnt/npvr1/NPVR1 so I knew I had good permissions there. I changed the live dir to that and it didn't help.
3) I tried playing it with vlc and it didn't work either.
4) I did some things that shouldn't have any made any difference and the stream started playing in both Chrome and VLC.
5) Computers are a pain.

JLM
The hack I need to support the default /home/userid/recordings folders is certainly a pain, you wouldn't typically even do that kind of setup on Windows.

Do you know if /home/drm/recordings existed before you ran the deb installer? I am thinking that could be a problem area.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:The hack I need to support the default /home/userid/recordings folders is certainly a pain, you wouldn't typically even do that kind of setup on Windows.

Do you know if /home/drm/recordings existed before you ran the deb installer? I am thinking that could be a problem area.

Martin

Sorry, I don't recall. Only if it was created by the old npvr installation.

JLM
drmargarit Wrote:Sorry, I don't recall. Only if it was created by the old npvr installation.

JLM

Yes I believe it would have been, I am making a change for the next deb that will deal with an existing folder better.

Martin
Thanks Martin