NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IPTV daily cleaning and updating channels possibility?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just successfully setup NPVR with my IPTV service. I'm using m3u and xmltv files created by XTeVe and with the help of a guy that has some Linux skills (i'm a noob at a lot), I am running a daily script that updates certain channels that have name changes on a daily basis (like MLB, NFL, PPV etc...) The channel name has the event for that day/week. The script gives the channels a unique ID, so the I can keep the same channel number (but update the channel name/event for that day)

I was excited to see NPVR working so quickly with the Kodi addon. The next day I realized that the m3u doesn't get updated daily, so I searched the forums and found where @sub recommended to someone to run "nextpvr.exe -m3u". Although that worked, It kept the old channels with now expired channel names (day before's event) and added the new channels, but a the end.

I'm trying to figure out a way to cleanly update the channels (names) while removing the old ones and putting the updated channels name in their original order. (if that makes sense). Is there some sort of update channel names box that I'm not seeing?

Thanks