NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Database deletes recording entry when .ts deleted but transcode exists.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In V4 if a .ts file is transcoded say to an .mp4 then the .ts is deleted, the database entry stays and the recording can still be played.

Is it envisaged in that V5 will be able to do the same? At the moment, if the .ts file is deleted, then the entry disappears from the recordings list.
Damian
It's supposed to, but it looks like I might had the defaults set incorrectly in the install.

Check your config.xml has:

<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>true</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
<CheckForRenamedRecordings>true</CheckForRenamedRecordings>
<NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>true</NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>
Wow, that was a fast reply :eek:

Mine are:
<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>false</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
<CheckForRenamedRecordings>false</CheckForRenamedRecordings>
<NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>false</NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>

I shall change them and try again.
Remember to stop the server, update the values, then restart the server
Thanks sub,
Agree... I thought I would try it without restarting the docker container as it was doing some other tests, and this worked straight off, but I should think there are settings that do need a restart so always advisable.
Hi sub, thought this was working, but after some further testing, it doesn't. Once the .mp4 is created, and the original .ts file is deleted, the recording entry disappears off the web gui.
Nlite still says the recording is there which mislead me, but it crashes on trying to play the file. I am guessing it is getting the synopsis from the .xml file that still exists in the same folder as the .mp4 recording.

I have attached the log when I recorded the end of "Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles" at 16:13, then it was transcoded to an .mp4 and the .ts file was deleted at 16:27.

My config.xml has:

<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>true</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
<CheckForRenamedRecordings>true</CheckForRenamedRecordings>
<NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>true</NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>

Damian
If you log into the web app, then open this url, does it list your mp4 file?
sub Wrote:If you log into the web app, then open this url, does it list your mp4 file?

Is "this url" meant to be a link?
Thanks sub, There are no .mp4 file entries there. I also did a search for the filename and there is none. I suspect it has been deleted.
Pages: 1 2