NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Difficulty viewing channels via EPG but okay if channel number typed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In UK and using 4.2.4 under Win10 1809 on a Dell T3610, Radeon RX480 with latest driver.

Std over air EPG.

The problem I have is that for periods of time if I select a channel via the NPVR EPG to view by either using a dbl-click and play or Ctrl+P I just get a black screen and no audio. Hit Esc and goes back to the EPG.

If I can find a channel that does play - usually BBC1 SD or HD (1/101) then typing in another channel number works straight way. And I can move to virtually any channel the same way once I have one running. Going back to the EPG and selecting what was running fails. Also when there is a black screen, typing a channel number in usually results in a freeze.

Preselected recording setups via the EPG are always okay.

This has been going on for some time but I do not recollect it happening on previous versions of NPVR.

Any ideas on curing this are most welcome thanks. I do have NPVR setups available from 3.4.8 through to 4.0.5/4.1.0. Would codecs have any effect here? Video does freeze occasionally but sound keeps going.

Graph filter list:
2019-08-12 12:52:16.501 [DEBUG][1] - NPVR PES Collector (DVBSubs)
2019-08-12 12:52:16.501 [DEBUG][1] - MPEG1 Audio Renderer
2019-08-12 12:52:16.501 [DEBUG][1] - EVR Renderer
2019-08-12 12:52:16.501 [DEBUG][1] - Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
2019-08-12 12:52:16.501 [DEBUG][1] - LAV Video Decoder
2019-08-12 12:52:16.501 [DEBUG][1] - NPVR TS Reader 4

I've just had the problem - at 15:51:30 i tried to play C5 via Ctrl+P (working otherwise) and it failed to black screen. At 15:52:30 I hit Esc and returned to the EPG. Attached is the log for that period....

TB
BlueKitty Wrote:The problem I have is that for periods of time if I select a channel via the NPVR EPG to view by either using a dbl-click and play or Ctrl+P I just get a black screen and no audio. Hit Esc and goes back to the EPG.

In NextPVR Settings --> Decoders ... Is Audio Renderer set to Default?

I would try using LAV as both the audio and video decoder ... or try Microsoft as both the audio and video decoder ... the instructions regarding the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder work if you follow the somewhat lengthy install described in the link on the page at ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.Decoders

It could be variable reception due to leaves on trees and wind ... but that would only show in some other log that you didn't attach.