NextPVR Forums

Full Version: AppleTV App - No guide or timeline/progress bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts on why the guide is blank and crashes the app when navigating the guide? EPG updated.

Also, I am new to the app on AppleTV - during live TV should there be a timeline/progress bar? I do not see one.

Thanks in advance.
jburger316 Wrote:Any thoughts on why the guide is blank and crashes the app when navigating the guide? EPG updated.
Are you seeing the guide data in the web app?

Quote:Also, I am new to the app on AppleTV - during live TV should there be a timeline/progress bar? I do not see one.
Not during live tv at this stage. The components we use for playback (VLCKIT) allows for live stream playback, is nice that it does it without needing transcoded streams, which gives us relatively nice fast live tv startup and channel change times, is unfortunately is not good at skipping within live streams. I have the option of instead transcoding, and getting reliable skipping, but at the expense of 10+ seconds to change channels etc.

It's on my list to revisit in the future, to look for other options.
Thanks Sub for the quick response.

I am seeing the guide data on the web app and main server interface. Any thoughts?
If you try navigating around the guide, do you see any data?
I have. Any time that I move off the TV Guide tab at the top, the app crashes. I have tried to attach an attachment to show what I see. Thanks again.
What version of NextPVR are you running? v4 or v5? Either way, I'd suggest trying to restart your recording service (to reset the logs), and restart the AppleTV, then restart the NextPVR, try viewing the guide, then zip and post the logs so I can check.
I am using v4. Attached are the logs. I think I followed the steps correctly. Any input would be helpful. Thanks for the previous help.
It's interesting you don't even have the channels listed in that screenshot. Do you have channels listed on the Live TV tab? Is the 'All Channels' group selected on the Settings screen, or a group that has no channels?
If you are using this app in the US or Canada it is a really bad idea to use the OTA guide data,

2019-09-04 02:55:56.779 [DEBUG][10] Checking for any DVB/ATSC listings

Often you will only get 12 hours of listings or less so by mid afternoon the guide will be empty.

Martin
Hi again,

Yes I see the channels in the Live TV tab and I have the all channels group selected. See images.

Any other thoughts.

I am in Beta TvOS 13 - could that be causing issues?
Pages: 1 2