NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Kodi 18. 3 and 18.4 with knewc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Martin

My Sony Android TV running Kodi 18.3 just updated to 18.4 and with knewc 2.7.0 running seems to have developed an issue playing shows from the Videos menu where it jumps out and overlays the Kodi screen over the playing knewc (NPVR) show. Hitting "back" goes back in but then a few minutes later it freezes.

I wil try to get logs but it's like there's someone sending remote codes ... remotely.

Oddly, I get the same behaviour on the RPi3 box with LE and Kodi, where the common denominator is knewc.
Any chance of a recent glitch / change in Kodi or knewc? Could my keymappings be off?

Cheers

k.
18.4 sucks because they broke comskip in it so I don't recommend it. There has been no change in knewc. I think you modified keymappings at one time perhaps that could explain something.

My own Kodi test environment is still a disaster trying to migrate from v4 to v5 so I can't do much so I am depending on seeing things in logs.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:18.4 sucks because they broke comskip in it so I don't recommend it. There has been no change in knewc. I think you modified keymappings at one time perhaps that could explain something.

My own Kodi test environment is still a disaster trying to migrate from v4 to v5 so I can't do much so I am depending on seeing things in logs.

Martin

Oh dear. My Kodi on the Android TV udpated automatically so unless they provide a quick update soon I might need to go back to 18.3. No comskip is a deal breaker for me, pretty annoying.
Will try to get logs when I have time to run it. Cheers
k.

[EDIT] read your posts on the Kodi forum and GitHub (when they start posting code it gets way too geeky for me), but unless that suggestion for setting the Frame Rate to 50Hz (in the GUI) works as a work around it looks like either do a downgrade or wait...
It doesn't look like they are trying for a quick update.

Martin