NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Free view updated channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Npvr wont pick up some free view  channels after  updated frequency from transponder in the area
NextPVR or your antenna and tuning.ini combination?

Martin
(2019-10-18, 01:09 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]NextPVR or your antenna and tuning.ini combination

Martin
antenna and tuning.ini combination?
New frequencies mean the tuning file you use to do the scanning might need updating and sometimes older antennas aren't good with new frequency bands or lower power. You didn't provide any information in your post so I thought I'd do the same in my original response.

Martin
(2019-10-18, 01:51 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]New frequencies mean the tuning file you use to do the scanning might need updating and sometimes older antennas aren't good with new frequency bands or lower power.  You didn't provide any information in your post so I thought I'd do the same in my original response.

Martin
Sorry I can supply logs if that helps, it will  be the turning file that  needs updating all other relevant devices work fine with with the update and retune apart from  npvr. Is there any to get an updated tuneing file ?
(2019-10-18, 02:19 PM)spudjg1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any to get an updated tuneing file ?
To be honest, updates having usually been supplied to me by users - I don't have any magic source of them.

Alternatively, you can try the longer 'all regions' scan.
Good morning

I have a related problem

I have just re-scanned all of my devices for the same update (Midhurst transmitter, West Sussex, UK)
2 devices are set top boxes that still work correctly after the update
2 devices are HTPC's with both running NextPVR and have twin tuner cards in each
These I have had trouble with updating as they will not record now
They both state they are recording but I end up with files that are zero bytes and obviously will not run

I have today tried re-scanning using [All Regions] and these showed "(update)" after scanning but will still not record

The problems started around the 15th of October with many files that were set up to record failing with the approx msg;
"No errors, but no data delivered. Usually device failed to lock a signal"

This is my first post, so I am not sure where the log files are, but will try to find them if this helps

Thanks
(2019-10-18, 02:19 PM)spudjg1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I can supply logs if that helps, it will  be the turning file that  needs updating all other relevant devices work fine with with the update and retune apart from  npvr. Is there any to get an updated tuneing file ?

I have just updated this thread with all the latest.   https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=58155&pid=528668#pid528668
(2019-10-20, 08:39 AM)Lao Pan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-18, 02:19 PM)spudjg1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I can supply logs if that helps, it will  be the turning file that  needs updating all other relevant devices work fine with with the update and retune apart from  npvr. Is there any to get an updated tuneing file ?

I have just updated this thread with all the latest.   https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=58155&pid=528668#pid528668
Okay thanks, I'll give this a go later and let you know how I get on. 
all working now. Thanks people !