NextPVR Forums

Full Version: AVC HD vs. HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've been using NextPVR for years with a Hauppauge DCR-2650 connected to Cable.  I noticed that over the last few years some channels would display black screen but would play audio.  It started with METV HD and then WOR; WPIX; PBS.  I had given up trying to fix it.  When I record, everything plays back fine, it's only live stream that won't display.  I did a scan of channels on the Hauppauge DCR-2650 web interface and saw that they now display "HD" or "AVC HD" and coincidentally, the channels that don't stream live for me are "AVC HD".  I've attached a screenshot of the channel list.  I'm just curious if this is something that can be rectified.
Try this https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid496063 and make sure you have an h264 decoder enabled and things should be fine

Martin
Wow...so simple yet so NOT obvious!
Thanks!
All of the channels were showing up as MPEG2 SD.
I only changed the ones that didn't work and now they do!
In the Details column listing they all just said MPEG-2
Definitely not obvious but as you reported the problem started years ago and when it was "new" if your had looked at the forum, there was a lot of active discussion (which is why I remembered sub's post)

Martin