NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New ODroid N2 - Can't connect to server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stupid newbie question here.  I just bought a new ODroid N2, installed the NextPVR add-on (v3.3.15.4), configured to connect to my NextPVR server on port 8866 and I get this error window pop-up when I boot/reboot.

PVR Clients: NextPVR PVR Client
Add-on couldn't be loaded.
An unknown error has occurred.
<OK>

Running OS CoreELEC 9.2.1

Are there more diagnostics/logs to be found on the ODroid?

I'm running Kodi v18.5 on my Linux laptop right next the ODroid, connects fine using the same settings.  I can ping both the server and the ODroid from my laptop.

Thanks,
-Brad
Oh, if I go to the Event Log on the ODroid it shows two entries:

Kodi Sucessfully Started
NextPVR PVR Client:Server is unreachable
Sound like the IP isn't correct. CoreElec uses standard Kodi logging. Enable debug logging and either copy the logs or use the Kodi Log Uploader Addon and paste the URL.

Martin
IP looks right to me.

I also ssh'ed in and can ping the server from the ODroid.

Here's a link to the log.
http://ix.io/23ly

Weird that there isn't a simple log viewer built in.
Ok thanks. Your logs indicate you might be connecting before the network routes are established. If you the restart button does it work? If so you need to find the option to have Kodi start after the network is up. If not I need the NextPVR logs too.

Martin
Thanks Martin, Restarting Kodi worked, so I need to figure out the network/boot timing thing. However I can't find the NextPVR add-on under programs or video add-ons to launch the GUI. The run/rocket icon on the add-on configuration window is grayed-out. I was able to get to the NextPVR server TV stations through "TV", saw the full station list as I have them named on the server and watch live TV. Any idea how to get the client/GUI to launch?
There should be a setting in CE on their Network Settings where you configure the wait.

You will need to install knewc to get the UI Client. There's a read me page on that. It needs some tweaking for knewc once I can edit the page again but it installs the same as x-newa

Martin
cool beans, thanks!
Thanks for all the help Martin, you rock!

I found the NW settings in the CE config you mentioned and that worked perfectly.

I also got the ODroid to auto start into the knewc UI from your Read-me-first sticky.  Looks like I have it all working, I'm looking forward to trying this out!  We're still using PCH's for a few of our PVR clients and a couple of them seem to crash a lot.

I've got a box of old MVP remotes which I can't seem to find (it's around somewhere), but am interested in seeing if I can get those working with the ODroid.  I know the IR signals from those remotes gave the FLIRC USB IR receivers trouble, I need to check on that too and see if they got that figured out.

Thanks again!
-Brad
Although I haven't tested my ODroid yet CE should support MCE , Hauppauge and NMT remotes you just need to configure them correctly. knewc knows the same remote keys as the PCH.

Martin
Pages: 1 2