NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed installed 2.8.0 hoping that this version would honor channel groups. NG. In fact, 2.7.4 would allow me to select a group in settings but can't do that in 2.8.0.

I've attached logs from V5 and Kodi. Can you tell me why groups are not being shown?

Thanks.
The Kodi log is old.

Martin
Sorry, Martin. I re-created the problem. I believe that these files are consistent.
Hi yes that is fine but you look like your are autostarting UI Client mode. The setting for the default channel group is the python UI.

What I do see is you are running a very old version of the server (for beta software new is best) that is 3 updates behind

2019-12-09 15:37:26.807 [INFO][1] Version 5.0.0.191007

a couple of versions ago sub had this note

"Fixed issue with Remote UI clients and nextpvr.exe not remembering last group selection "

Martin
OK...I've just completed another try at showing channel groups on the RPi4 in KNEWC. Still no luck. The NextPVR add-on shows the correct group but the UIClient still shows all channels.

Logs are attached. I hope I did this right...
Are you selecting the list in UI client on the top menu in NextPVR? NextPVR should be remembering the setting for you. The setting in the knewc configuration is for the python client only.

Also you still aren't running on the latest version

2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] master version: 5.0.1
2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] master build date: 191214
2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] local version: 5.0.0
2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] local build date: 191201

Martin
(2019-12-14, 06:13 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Are you selecting the list in UI client on the top menu in NextPVR?  NextPVR should be remembering the setting for you.  The setting in the knewc configuration is for the python client only.

Mrtin

It's working for me. And with the latest NextPVR, it is remembering the setting from session to session in the UI client.
Quote:Are you selecting the list in UI client on the top menu in NextPVR? NextPVR should be remembering the setting for you. The setting in the knewc configuration is for the python client only.

Also you still aren't running on the latest version

2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] master version: 5.0.1
2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] master build date: 191214
2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] local version: 5.0.0
2019-12-14 11:36:16.424 [DEBUG][1] local build date: 191201

Martin, the above is from Post #6.

First, I dl'd and installed the zip file normally and when I start NextPVRServer.exe, 5.0.1.191214 is shown as the version. Is the version you pointed out listed before the database updates further down the log? Version 5.0.1.191214 shows right after that update.

Now...I took your suggestion about selecting the group in the UI Client but I tried it first in the desktop app. I easily selected the group from the top menu using the mouse. The desktop app reliably shows the selected group upon further launches. When I tried to get to the top menu in the RPi4 UI Client, I noticed that the mouse does not work. I can see the mouse pointer and it moves as directed but mouse clicks do nothing and I can only use the keyboard which will not get me to the top menu. I checked my Kodi settings and found that the mouse/touchpad use was selected and I can operate the Raspbian desktop with no problems.

I am at a loss to explain this. Linux/Raspbian is not my first language. Do you have a suggestion?

John
You may need to restart the server to get that new functionality all I know it works fine. There is a possibility that your mac isn't being returned properly. Have a look in the user-data folder on the server and see what is in the clientstore for
sdl-KNEW50xdca63219487

Did you follow the step on Linux to install xdotool in the rc?

Martin
This is what I found in a similarly named file:

File is: C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\clientstore-sdl-KNEW50xdca63219487f.xml

Contents:
<Values>
  <LastChannel>554</LastChannel>
  <LastChannelGroup>All Channels</LastChannelGroup>
</Values>

xdotool  was installed without errors.

Also, I sensed no feedback from you about my 2nd paragraph concerning the mouse:

Now...I took your suggestion about selecting the group in the UI Client but I tried it first in the desktop app. I easily selected the group from the top menu using the mouse. The desktop app reliably shows the selected group upon further launches. When I tried to get to the top menu in the RPi4 UI Client, I noticed that the mouse does not work. I can see the mouse pointer and it moves as directed but mouse clicks do nothing and I can only use the keyboard which will not get me to the top menu. I checked my Kodi settings and found that the mouse/touchpad use was selected and I can operate the Raspbian desktop with no problems.

Let me add that I am using a Logitech USB mouse and keyboard. Is this compatible with the UI Client? 

John
Pages: 1 2