NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Generate NextPVR import XML from recorded TV .wtv files from WMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a new user of NextPVR, and am very relieved to finally have found a suitable replacement for Windows Media Centre (WMC), with Microsoft support for Windows 7 ceasing in January. Thank you for providing this great alternative!

To make the transition from WMC to NextPVR, I have written a PowerShell script to extract the metadata from my library of 1100 .wtv files, and to generate an XML file that can be imported into NextPVR. This has worked very well for Version 4.2.5.191014 (I have not tried other versions).

No doubt, there will be many others following in our footsteps in the comings months. I wondered if my script might be a useful addition for your Wiki pages, so that others can make use of it?

Please see the attached Zip file.
Hi!

I am trying to import my NextPvr4 recordings into version 5, I uninstalled v4 without saving the database file.

I am running your script but it seems to fail finding files where there is a space in the name, anyway of fixing this ?

thanks
Are your recordings from WMC or do they have NextPVR xml files?

Martin
(2020-05-12, 04:37 PM)ringorinfret Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to import my NextPvr4 recordings into version 5, I uninstalled v4 without saving the database file.
FYI, usually uninstalling wont delete the data files, so you've probably still got c:\users\public\npvr\npvr.db3
Thanks for the tip! I did not even think about that, the recording backup file was there, easy to import... !

recordings where from nextpvr v4, trying to import them into v5 , had to uninstall v4 as the installation of v5 was failing for some reason

all sorted out now, thanks !!
Hi Jimixter, I found your powershell script most useful.
However, I am unfamiliar with powershell and my timezone is gmt for uk and so the recording times are showing up incorrect in nextpvr.
Could you tell me how to modify the powershell script to correct the problem.
They are showing as a hour early than when they was recorded start time.

--------------
Jimixter
I am a new user of NextPVR, and am very relieved to finally have found a suitable replacement for Windows Media Centre (WMC), with Microsoft support for Windows 7 ceasing in January. Thank you for providing this great alternative!

To make the transition from WMC to NextPVR, I have written a PowerShell script to extract the metadata from my library of 1100 .wtv files, and to generate an XML file that can be imported into NextPVR. This has worked very well for Version 4.2.5.191014 (I have not tried other versions).

No doubt, there will be many others following in our footsteps in the comings months. I wondered if my script might be a useful addition for your Wiki pages, so that others can make use of it?

Please see the attached Zip file.