NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Intermittent / Incomplete Functionality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I followed the directions using the .deb file and --install-recommends switch.  The web interface showed my Device as ATSC LocalRecorder(adapter0)(unavailable).  Even so, it let me Scan Channels and Save them.  However tuning to any of them shows a red error message "Failed to start requested stream."

I removed nextpvr-helper (without autoremoving dtv-scan-tables dvb-tools and hdhomerun-config), then reinstalled.  Now my Device appeared without the (unavailable) next to it, and could tune to channels this time.  

After restarting the PC, I got the red "Failed to start requested stream" error message again.  NextPVR will survive a logoff, but it won't survive a reboot.  To make it work I must remove and reinstall every time.  

Manually updated the EPG and allowed it to complete without interruption, but nothing showed up in TV Guide.  The Closed Captions and Gear icons didn't work in the player, but I could right-click and enable Show Controls and successfully turned on that CC button only after full-screening with my fonts enlarged to 200%.  Otherwise it'd be blocked behind the popup player controls.

Running Linux Mint 19.3, with Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800.
I tried using generic kernel(s) from Ubuntu, and both the standard and HWE kernel versions from the Hauppauge PPA with identical results.

Any ideas?
-borph
Logs? I should keep a daily count of how many times I have to repeat this request.

Note if NextPVR started the issue is probably not the deb installer.

Martin
(2020-01-16, 12:56 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Logs?  I should keep a daily count of how many times I have to repeat this request. 

Note if NextPVR started the issue is probably not the deb installer.

Martin

Now attached to the OP, with apologies!  Big Grin  Many thanks.

I don't forum much, please pardon my lack of netiquette.
-borph
The other count I need keep is the number of posts telling people they need to click two buttons to attach file and to make sure the zip file is under 1.5 MB :-)

Martin
(2020-01-16, 12:32 AM)borph Wrote: [ -> ]Manually updated the EPG and allowed it to complete without interruption, but nothing showed up in TV Guide.  The Closed Captions and Gear icons didn't work in the player, but I could right-click and enable Show Controls and successfully turned on that CC button only after full-screening with my fonts enlarged to 200%.  Otherwise it'd be blocked behind the popup player controls.
These buttons are definitely incomplete functionality. I've removed them in the next build. I'll put them back when they're ready for you to use them.
(2020-01-16, 12:32 AM)borph Wrote: [ -> ]I followed the directions using the .deb file and --install-recommends switch.  The web interface showed my Device as ATSC LocalRecorder(adapter0)(unavailable).  Even so, it let me Scan Channels and Save them.  However tuning to any of them shows a red error message "Failed to start requested stream."

I removed nextpvr-helper (without autoremoving dtv-scan-tables dvb-tools and hdhomerun-config), then reinstalled.  Now my Device appeared without the (unavailable) next to it, and could tune to channels this time.  

After restarting the PC, I got the red "Failed to start requested stream" error message again.  NextPVR will survive a logoff, but it won't survive a reboot.  To make it work I must remove and reinstall every time. 
Can you supply logs from just after trying to use the device after a reboot?
I am pretty sure that error is the same we have seen before where NextPVR starts before the PCI, USB or Network is ready.

Martin
Yeah, you're probably right. (and restarting it would have got it going for him, without having to reinstall)
Normally I ask the users with the deb installer to just restart the server to confirm this issue but he removed it.

Martin
(2020-01-16, 01:40 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]Can you supply logs from just after trying to use the device after a reboot?

Logs attached
Pages: 1 2