NextPVR Forums

Full Version: "The response ended prematurely"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Every so often I get a failed recording with the error "An error occurred while sending the request. The response ended prematurely.".

Any idea what causes this?

Running on a Raspberry Pi 4 under Ubuntu server 19.04, installed from deb file. Capture device is a WinTV-dualHD.

Logs attached...failure is at 2020-01-26 09:30:00.

Thanks....
That's a new one on me. I've not seen this mentioned before, so not really sure what the cause might be.

Have you noticed any reproducible set of steps?

In the logs, it looked like the issue happened recording 'Christopher.Kimballs.Milk.Street.Television.S03E12.Beirut.Fast.Food'. Do any recordings work for the same channel?
Thanks for the quick response...

I haven't been able to discern any pattern. There were a couple successful recordings just before that one on that same channel. That channel (our local PBS station) is actually about the only one I record from.

It's not a huge issue for me, just a minor annoyance. I just thought I'd post so you'd be aware of it. Unless others are seeing it or it gets worse I'd rather you spend your time polishing the AppleTV app.  Wink
Sub, could you take another look at this? I've run across at least two more instances of this on different programs.  They're episodes of different series and all the recordings for those series fail with this error. I don't have any issues with other programs on the same channels. My wild guess is that it has something to do with the file names generated from the SD listings...perhaps they're too long to pass in the URL to the recording service? Or some special characters? Just guessing. I can create files of those names on the system so I don't think it's a file system issue and there is nothing in the syslog to indicate a system level problem. The directory entry for the recording is created in the recordings folder but it's always empty. I'll attach a log file with the relevant chunk for the most recent failure. I'll probably be able to supply some more in a couple days, if necessary.

Many thanks...
To resurrect an older thread...

I'm still seeing this error on several more recordings. Many other shows on that channel record just fine. Looking at the failed recordings list, one thing that jumps out is that they all have an apostrophe (') in the title. Sounds weird but that's about the only thing I see in common.

I'll attach a log file that shows some of the failures.

Running on a Raspberry Pi 4 under Ubuntu server 20.04, nextpvr version 5.0.6.200614 installed from deb file. Capture device is a WinTV-dualHD.

I'd really appreciate someone looking at this...      Thanks

[attachment=1854]

(This log file looks a lot different than before. i.e. no stack trace for the error). I assume that's a change in this release?)
You need to send all the logs so we can see what DeviceHostLinux is seeing.

Martin
Uh...can you be more specific? Which other logs do you need?
The nice zip package sub makes for you is always best.

Martin
OK, sorry...I assume you meant the other nextpvr logs.Here's the whole package...

[attachment=1855]
It is failing way more then just on comma files and the device logs all seem truncated. When you added your second tuner did you scan or copy? I suggest you try a scan on it and see if it is even working.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6