NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No video or audio from start of playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some recordings, when i play them i get nothing (black screen and no sound), if I right click and "stop" then select the same recording but Resume rather than play, it will play fine.
In the log, I started up and started to play at 14:55 and started the Resume at 14:56
Post the logs and I'll take a look.
I thought I had attached the logs, sorry.
I can see what happened, I added the file but didn't "add attachment".
Trying again.

Smiffy
If you play the file in another player, does it look fine?
I've tried "VLC", "films and TV", "MPC-HC", and "WMP" and it plays from the start of the file. The video does "freeze" for about half a second though.
When I tried again with NextPVR, the first time I tried it did play from the start, so I tried a few more times. It played 5 times before failing again, then it subsequently worked sometimes and not other times.
Trying other recordings, most play from the start first time, but most will fail by the fourth try, so it seems that it is a bit random and not just certain recordings. I've done this with recordings from different channels, and it does seem to affect them all. Even recordings from 2014 (in NZ) are affected.
(2020-01-29, 03:20 PM)smiffypr Wrote: [ -> ]Some recordings, when i play them i get nothing (black screen and no sound), if I right click and "stop" then select the same recording ...

I see the same thing occasionally ... but stopping playback and clicking Play again starts the recording as normal.

I am using Microsoft decoders and the client and server are on different machines.
(2020-02-05, 12:29 PM)smiffypr Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried "VLC", "films and TV", "MPC-HC", and "WMP" and it plays from the start of the file. The video does "freeze" for about half a second though.
When I tried again with NextPVR, the first time I tried it did play from the start, so I tried a few more times. It played 5 times before failing again, then it subsequently worked sometimes and not other times.
Trying other recordings, most play from the start first time, but most will fail by the fourth try, so it seems that it is a bit random and not just certain recordings. I've done this with recordings from different channels, and it does seem to affect them all. Even recordings from 2014 (in NZ) are affected.
On the Settings->Decoders screen, if you tick the 'use legacy NPVR TS Reader and microsoft Demultiplexer' tickbox, does it make any difference?
That seems to have fixed it, thank you.
The video starts a second after the audio, meaning I don't get the short freeze, but from then on it plays fine.
Thanks again.
Unfortunately, while fixing one problem, it breaks skipping.