NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nextpvr can't find tuners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Old PC died. Setup good used one and Nextpvr can not find silicone dust tuners.  Searched for hours and still never found out what I have done wrong. Under devices the only thing that shows is IPTV devices.  Probably something simple I have missed......
Did you install the silicon dust software?

Martin
Specifically, this one:
http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomeru...indows.exe

(not just their windows app)
Yes, I did install it. But, your answer made me think, bad install? It has happened over the years of computers, but not very often. So I looked for a different copy and found the one Sub has listed and all is well now. 12 minutes after midnight here now, so I will "play" with the rest of the new setup tomorrow. Been at this for too many hours now anyway. Time for ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz's
Thanks
Well now the problem is a 60 second jump forward in playback. It goes into super fast forward and the sound is still OK. I have to press stop to get out of this problem. Same in a 15 second backup.
In live play the 15 second backup runs fast for a second or two and locks up. None of these problems on my old computer that just died.
So should I attempt a playback 60 second jump, stop, and then dump the logs? Or are there other issues that you would not need logs?
Maybe try ticking the 'use legacy NPVRTSReader and Microsoft MPEG Demultiplexer' on the Setting->Decoders screen.
Slow to answer was because I got real busy with selling a house. I set the NPVRTSReader and Microsoft MPEG Demultiplexer', maybe. The reader is set but is the Microsoft MPEG Demultiplexer' the same as Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder? Because the Microsoft DTV-DVD one makes the "no decoder" screen display. I go back to the LAV and it works. There is another problem along with the "bad skip", the jump past commercials locks up the display when it hits the jump location. Almost makes one think they are part of the same problem.
Sometimes when you fumble around you get lucky and get a fix.
Render-EVR, Audio-default,music-default, Legacy-unchecked, mpg2-LAV, H.264-LAV, HEVC-disabled, mpg audio-Microsoft DTV-DVD, AC3-LAV, last three-disabled, only use mapped is checked. With that setup comskip skips like it should, 60 second jump and 15 second back now all work without any problem. Great.
Only problem left with the new computer set up is lip sync. Still out of wack.