NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Removing empty groups; checking framerate/bitrate/resolution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings again, all.

If you stumbled upon my thread earlier this week, you know that I regularly need to delete my IPTV provider's info and re-add it. I then need to delete several hundred channels I won't watch and their associated groups.

The issue here is that I end up with empty groups that show in the main window's 'Group' selection box, but if I go to Settings -> Channels -> Groups, they're not in the list of Groups to be removed.

Is there any way around this once the associated channels are already deleted, or is my only option to ensure I either delete the Groups first (which leaves me in 'danger' of not getting rid of all the unwanted channels... my memory ain't what it used to be Wink ) or delete nearly all of the channels before removing the Groups in the Groups dialogue box?

An unrelated second question: is there a way of seeing a stream's frame rate, bit rate and resolution within NextPVR? I've yet to find one if it's hidden somewhere!

Thanks in advance. Smile
No bitrate, but Ctrl-I for info. Otherwise after not using v4 since the summer I don't trust myself answering questions anymore.

Martin
(2020-02-14, 10:15 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]No bitrate, but Ctrl-I for info.  Otherwise after not using v4 since the summer I don't trust myself answering questions anymore.

Martin
Thanks Martin!

Ctrl-I seems to be accurate for resolution, but it's reporting everything at 60fps, where a lot of the material is definitely 30... or lower.

However, I'm one BIG step ahead of where I was! Big Grin
(2020-02-15, 05:55 AM)CenturyBreak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-14, 10:15 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]No bitrate, but Ctrl-I for info.  Otherwise after not using v4 since the summer I don't trust myself answering questions anymore.

Martin

Ctrl-I seems to be accurate for resolution, but it's reporting everything at 60fps, where a lot of the material is definitely 30... or lower.

Quoting myself here... Wink

I double-checked and the streams I thought were 30 fps are... so NextPVR reporting everything at 60 fps is incorrect.

I know v4 isn't going to be updated, so is this fixed in v5?
1080i is 60 fps but only half frames are sent and the merged to 30 fps full

Martin
If you can supply a sample recording, I'll check why it's not reporting correctly.
(2020-02-15, 05:16 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]If you can supply a sample recording, I'll check why it's not reporting correctly.

Thanks!

PM sent...
Any thoughts on the 'removing empty groups' question?
No - you'll need to manually delete them.

I can put something in NextPVR v5 though.
(2020-02-17, 10:55 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]No - you'll need to manually delete them.

I can put something in NextPVR v5 though.
Thanks... unfortunately, I can't see a way to delete them! From my first post above:

"The issue here is that I end up with empty groups that show in the main window's 'Group' selection box, but if I go to Settings -> Channels -> Groups, they're not in the list of Groups to be removed."
Pages: 1 2