NextPVR Forums

Full Version: I can't rescan my channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using NextPVR for a few years with no problems. I got three new channels on my HDTV today. So I tried to scan them in on NextPVR. It would not scan in any channels. It did not delete the old channels either. I have a Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD Dual USB 2.0 HD TV Tuner.
NextPVR can see both tuners as present and enabled. When I try to scan in the channels in Digital Channel Setup it shows a window with nothing in it. It scans no channels. I tried deleting all channels on one tuner and in device setup it says The capture source has not been setup yet. It still scans no channels in on Digital Channel Setup. I'm using Win10 PRO.
It looks like you've done something to stop NextPVR from accessing it's own data files: (ie, either file permissions, or overzealous antivirus/security software)

Quote:2020-02-18 10:44:30.766 [ERROR][4] Unexpected error checking for upgrade processing: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Config.xml' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
at NShared.UpdateManager.CheckForRequiredUpgrade(Boolean tellService)
I reinstalled NextPVR and it's working now. All I ever did was change the config file to 14 days for the Schedule. I had a big automatic Microsoft update the night before. I had not scanned in channels for a while. I don't know when things got messed up.

Thank you for helping me.