NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio Whistle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finally getting around to updating my server to WIN 10. At this point I'm still running V4 of NPVR.
Using my on-board video (HD 4200) I can't get the screen to fill out; have a black border.
I assume this is a problem with WIN 10?
I've tried a registry hack that seemed to solve the problem, but it keeps reverting back to the border eventually.

So I started playing with some video cards I had laying around. The one installed at the moment is a Radeon HD 5570.
That quickly solved the border problem, but now I have an audio problem.
Occasionally, when I stop playing a video I get a continued high pitched whistling sound. The workaround is to restart and stop the video.

My question, is this a video driver problem or could it be a decoder problem?
I didn't have this problem using the on-board HD 4200.
If it's the driver, I'm probably screwed, since I believe I have the latest driver for the video card.
(2020-02-23, 03:04 PM)jrockow Wrote: [ -> ]My question, is this a video driver problem or could it be a decoder problem?
I didn't have this problem using the on-board HD 4200.
If it's the driver, I'm probably screwed, since I believe I have the latest driver for the video card.

The black border problem might be because of the aspect ratio setting ... did you try cycling through the options by repeatedly pressing F7?

The whistling sounds like a hardware or driver problem (did you hear what I did there?)
Tried the F7 option but it didn't solve the problem.
At this point I believe it is a video driver problem.

(did you hear what I did there?) ???????????
(2020-02-23, 03:04 PM)jrockow Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried a registry hack that seemed to solve the problem, but it keeps reverting back to the border eventually.
Given this, it sounding like video drivers. Maybe look if their video utility comes with overscan settings etc.