NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Matrix support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently KNEWC is broken on recent Matrix build because of an arbitrary decision by the Kodi team that requires me to bump the minimum version of python KNEWC requires even though that is actually not my code requirement.  I also need to wait for kodi-six to be released before I can do anything.

This will also force me to create a new source version controla on github just for Matrix and add another version onto the download repo.

Martin
Hi Martin, I've seen a few (other) posts from you referring to Matrix, is the status still the same? I ask as I don't want to move from 18.6 until knewc can move, but Netflix on Libreelec my RPi2 is terrible (audio sync issues) on Leia 18.6 (and seems to be better in (some versions) of Matrix.

Ta,

k.
I have been keeping it going but python for Matrix is a bit of a moving target, a few python calls have changed so I am waiting for things to be little bit more stable.

As for the RPI2 it is several generations old for a device that was behind other technology when it was released. About all I can say is make sure you have the proper codecs installed. a/v sync is not a plugin issue anyway but you might also consider the pvr addon since the graphic mode that UI client uses might be too much for this device.

Martin
(2020-04-23, 01:53 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I have been keeping it going but python for Matrix is a bit of a moving target, a few python calls have changed so I am waiting for things to be little bit more stable.

As for the RPI2 it is several generations old for a device that was behind other technology when it was released.  About all I can say is make sure you have the proper codecs installed.  a/v sync is not a plugin issue anyway but you might also consider the pvr addon since the graphic mode that UI client uses might be too much for this device.

Martin
Thanks Martin,

I'm happy to investigate and purchase the RPi4 if it helps, but almost all of the shows I watch via NextPVR are recorded and the wee RPi2 does not seem to have a major issue with those. I will experiment a bit, try a different SD Card and try the Matrix build again for Netflix, if that works then it may just be the Kodi build, so was hoping to move to one of those Matrix builds for both NextPVR (knewc) and Netflix, but will only do so when NextPVR can do so.

ta
k.
If you are planning to use Matrix anyway I can package up what I have onto a new repo.

Which distro are you using that supports it?

Martin
(2020-04-23, 11:28 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]If you are planning to use Matrix anyway I can package up what I have onto a new repo.

Which distro are you using that supports it?

Martin
Libereelec for RP2/RPi3.
But I am not sure I am competent enough to do what I fear you need me to do Shy .
No thing scary. I just want to know which RPi build you have that even supports Matrix.

Martin
(2020-04-24, 12:24 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]No thing scary.  I just want to know which RPi build you have that even supports Matrix.

Martin

One of these Alpha builds from Milhouse. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343068

Am at work so will need to let you know exactly which one later, I think the last one that worked for me with Netflix was around #231.
After that it sort of petered out, although maybe a later one now works, have not tried for a while since I reverted to stock Libreelec 9.2.1 Leia 18.6) after our last discussion.

I see this one talks about fixing Netflix though.

#0422, 23-Apr-2020: RPi / RPi2 / RPi4 -- Release post (RPi4: Fix HEVC playback / fix Netflix playback; mesa: update to mesa-20.0.5; kodi: Fix crash on startup)

k.
BTW, I noticed when I was working on something yesterday that kodi-six is now in the Matrix addon repo. You still have to have a separate repo for Matrix and later, but at least the kodi-six part is done now.
Thanks it is using an old version of the pvr..nextppvr addon https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr/...6ee28e3065

Once sub tags 4.4 and Millhouse adds it, I will load LE on an RPi and see how things go with knewc.

Martin
Pages: 1 2