NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trouble starting NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had NextPVR installed for a while, with everything set up and working perfectly.  Last week Windows 10 installed updates that caused repeated "blue screen of death" errors, sometimes while running NextPVR or others apps, sometimes a matter of seconds after starting the computer.  Anyway, I uninstalled some updates, then reinstalled the next batch when they came out (and updated to 1909).

Windows is stable now, but NextPVR doesn't start.  I click the icon, the spinning wheel next to the cursor spins for about five seconds, nothing happens.  The icon in the system tray is there, but if I right-click on show settings or start NextPVR nothing happens either.  NextPVR does show up in the task manager and is using CPU and RAM, but doesn't seem to be doing anything.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it to no avail.  No log folder, so no log to post.  Any thoughts?
Try renaming the "config.xml" to "config.broken", and see if it then starts. (you'll likely need to restart the recording service etc too)
Just did this. Now when I try to start the app I get a Microsoft .NET pop-up window saying "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component of your application", etc., do you wish to continue.

The error is described as "Could not load file or assembly 'Unmanaged, Version=1.0.7214.11117, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

If I click "continue" a blank NextPVR window opens, but it is not responding.
Hmm, maybe try installing this microsoft runtime:
https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/VC_redist.x86.exe

Have that doesn't help, you might need to try reinstalling NextPVR.