NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Smart TV Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any chance to get the Smart TV app (Smart TV App for Samsung / LG) to connect to the v5 version? I tried, but I get nothing. IP and port are set correctly. But I suspect a user/pass issue...

Thanks
guido
(2020-03-31, 08:01 AM)newyankee Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance to get the Smart TV app (Smart TV App for Samsung / LG) to connect to the v5 version? I tried, but I get nothing. IP and port are set correctly. But I suspect a user/pass issue...

Thanks
guido
I really don't know anything about this app, and unfortunately it's author hasn't been around in the last few months. Sorry.
As I suspect that the app is supplying just the "user" (admin) but no pass, I have tried to change the password  for the web login to an empty password. But leaving PW empty isn't possible. Can you change this?

Thanks
I am going to guess it won't work anyway when I read that it might use the touch3 interface.

http://your-server-ip:8866/touch3/client3.html

Could you upload your v4 logs showing you using it?

Martin
(2020-04-03, 07:53 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]... it might use the touch3 interface.

http://your-server-ip:8866/touch3/client3.html

Could you upload your v4 logs showing you using it?
From memory, I think that's what it actually does. Unfortunately, I have already "archived" most of my V4 files. Including the logs. I could re-install though if it's of any use in reengineering something...

Best
Guido
If you think it uses touch3 there is no point since that interface is not there.

Martin
Sorry, No, it won't work.

If you got an old npvr4-installation running on another server (or port), you can point IP in settings to your npvr5 server and get the GUI-going.
Even so, playback is broken since the app uses a mode where native onscreen GUI in player is disabled, which is not implemented in npvr5.

The app is old, and platforms deprecated by LG and Samsung.
I have no plans for npvr5 support for this app.

/Fred