NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Finding No Channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 2B and Raspbian. I used the deb file to install NextPVR and I've had no problems there. I can log on to the web interface and it can see my Xbox One TV tuner. I select the right region (in my case UK-SuttonColdfield) and click scan channels, but it never actually finds anything. 

I tried TVheadend and it picked up the channels, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

I've been trying to get this working, but I'm close to giving up, although I have found it satisfying troubleshooting and install OS' and things like that and I've learnt a lot more about Linux so it's not been a complete waste of time.

Jamie
It is possible that the Raspian default frequency list for scanning is wrong that really is outside our control. Did you try an all frequency scan?

I also found this table https://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables....nColdfield which you could install and add as an alternate to try. Just plalce the file in /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t with another filename.

Failing all that upload your zipped logs and we can probably get you going.

Martin
Can you find the channels with dvbv5_scan?

Did the frequencies look right for you area? Often linux distributions have out of date frequency files.
Hi both,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, but I worked out that I didn't have the right firmware for my device. I have added the firmware and it works!

Linux is a beast at first, but this troubleshooting has helped me understand the OS better!

Jamie
It is odd that it worked with TVH, maybe it was dvbv5 related. Glad you got it sorted.

Martin
Hi, I'm having trouble finding channels. The dtv-scan-tables are out of date and I've even gone to linux tv and downloaded the latest ones. These are also out of date.

Is there a tool to scan for the frequencies and create new scan tables as i can't seem to work out how to do it.

Jamie
(2020-05-03, 05:06 PM)JamieSGT Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm having trouble finding channels. The dtv-scan-tables are out of date and I've even gone to linux tv and downloaded the latest ones. These are also out of date.

Is there a tool to scan for the frequencies and create new scan tables as i can't seem to work out how to do it.

Jamie
You can use any text editor to edit /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/uk-SuttonColdfield to correct the frequencies.

Alternatively you might be able to use w_scan to to output dvbv5 conf files.
How did you scan it with tvheadend?

Martin