NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG takes a long time to load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used the latest version of Netrunner. Firefox were used. The EPG took a long tiime to load. The data within the guide were 7 days worth of info. An SSD were the main storage device were the EPG file were stored.
I don't know what what Netrunner is.

Do you mean it takes a long time when you click 'Update EPG'? or is it slow to fill in the guide data on the TV Guide page?

How many channels do you have?
Netrunner is a Linux distro. It takes a long time to load the guide data on the TV Guide page. I have 46 channels. Version 4.x on the same hardware does not take long.
(2020-04-28, 12:18 AM)koijh65 Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a long time to load the guide data on the TV Guide page. I have 46 channels. Version 4.x on the same hardware does not take long.
How long are we talking? Yes, it has to do a lot more for dynamically loading and displaying the guide data in the web app, so a bit slower than v4. You typically see the data load in (over half a second or so).

This is an entirely different sort of application to v4.x. It's not trying to be exactly the same in all aspects. The majority of stuff it does is a lot better than v4. There may be some areas where v4 had a slight edge (but at the same time was a lot more limited)
It takes between 2 - 5 minutes.
Yeah, that's not right. Should be almost instant.

Zip and attach your logs and we'll take a look.
logs attached
It kind of looks like you were trying look at the TV Guide while the EPG update was still happening in the background

Now that your EPG update has happened, if you load the web app up again, is it still slow clicking on the guide page and waiting for the listings to show?
It's faster. It does not instantly load like you said in post #6. It takes 20 - 30 seconds.
(2020-04-30, 11:49 AM)koijh65 Wrote: [ -> ]It's faster. It does not instantly load like you said in post #6. It takes 20 - 30 seconds.

How many channels are in the Guide?

Please display the Guide and then attach logs telling us the time that you displayed the guide ... https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/get-help ... Thanks.
Pages: 1 2