NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video Plays Under New Client UI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When using the KNEWC UI Client, most (though not all) of the time the video plays behind/under/in the background of the UI Client so I need to exit the UI Client to see the video.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Any suggestions to fix it?

Update with version details:
- Kodi Leia
LibreELEC
- NextPVR Server 5.0.4.200428
- Raspberry Pi 2b
- knewc 2.8.0
Are you using a mouse? You have to be very careful not to give Kodi focus. To get focus back you need to use the back space key.

Martin
No mouse - just an older Windows Media Center remote
Do you see this with subs skin?

Martin
(2020-05-07, 02:28 AM)cweseloh Wrote: [ -> ]When using the KNEWC UI Client, most (though not all) of the time the video plays behind/under/in the background of the UI Client so I need to exit the UI Client to see the video.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Any suggestions to fix it?

Update with version details:
- Kodi Leia
LibreELEC
- NextPVR Server 5.0.4.200428
- Raspberry Pi 2b
- knewc 2.8.0

I occasionally have this problem. Martin looked at my logs from it once. I think he thought the problem was the recording took to long to start playing. We speculated that it was due to the hard drive the recording is on having been spun down by Windows on the server since it wasn't being used. And when Windows has to spin up the drive before serving the file, it takes too long.
Yes. With subs skin. There tends to be a slightly longer lag when opening the video when it plays in the background.
Send your Kodi debug log and I can have a look there was to timing issue that I felt sub needed to look out for Brett maybe I will see it in the log.

Note Brett that isn't the problem on stop losing the remote I think that is.an rpi 4 issue.

Martin
I was playing around with knewc on Matrix and could not duplicate this. Is it possible you have AZ skin running and you did not setup knewc in classic mode?

Martin
Thanks for following-up on this. I owe you those log files. I'm using Estuary skin on Kodi 18.6. By "setup knewc in classic mode" do you mean the "Autostart UI Client" option? I did that, but let me know if there's another step I'm missing.
If you use the Estuary skin there should be no issue, but if you were using Arctic Zephyr and use autostart UI client there could be. There is a setting to tell knewc which skin to use.

Martin
Pages: 1 2