NextPVR Forums

Full Version: problems with 5.0.5.200518 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I installed the new update on Linux server and now I cannot see anything for All Recordings in the web interface.  It does show me the Recent recordings and the failed recordings.

On the Scheduler I can see the recurring but my Pending list is empty now and it had a few dozen entries this morning before updating.

The update was supposed to make loading the recordings list faster, so there is some anomaly in there.  The Pending problem came after I tried adding a new manual recurring recording in the web interface.  It seems to have erased all but one pending item that would have been sooner than the new item I was adding.

The recordings show up in the KNEWC addon, but it also shows that my pending list is still empty, so something is broken in the logic that makes pending entries from the recurring list.  I did an EPG update to see if it would repopulate with no luck.

I found this in the logs (attached):

2020-05-20 18:24:57.203 [ERROR][25] Unexpected error in RecordingRequestHandler.HandleRequest():
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NShared.Extend.RecordingRequestHandler.GetRecordingList(Dictionary`2 parameters)
  at NShared.Extend.RecordingRequestHandler.HandleRequest(String method, Dictionary`2 parameters)

After upgrading and seeing the problem , I saw a thread several hours ago where you posted a new NShared.dll which I copied to the system and restarted the service but it still had the problem.

Thanks,
Steve Tyrakowski
Did you use an import to populate your recordings? If so you might need this dll.

https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid541012

Martin
That's the NShared.dll that I mentioned already trying with no luck.

Biggest issue is that the recurring recordings are not generating any pending. I was just able to use the web interface TVGuide screen to schedule 2 recordings that do show up, but all the previously generated pendings from the recurring rules have vanished.

I don't recall doing any import. When I switched to v5 linux I updated the file paths in my existing db3 file to match their location on the linux server where I copied them from the old V4 server. It has all been working well for several months now including my PostProcessing script which converts the TS to mp4 and updates the filename in the database.

I was happy to see the update was supposed to speed up loading the recordings list in the web app, but for me it broke it. What that web page needs are a couple simple filters so that you don't have to look at all recordings. A date range would be nice as well as a simple text filter to match against the name. And the ability to toggle sort by date or alpha. I have a very big collection of recordings and traversing a web page of all of them is quite tedious.

Thanks
Steve Tyrakowski
The web app is not the best choice for playing recordings still WIP compared to NextPVR and Kodi.

For sure you recordings aren't showing up and you did have the same error as in the other post.

020-05-20 15:47:41.486 [DEBUG][14] GetRecordingsList@2
2020-05-20 15:47:41.486 [DEBUG][14] GetRecordingsList@exit
2020-05-20 15:47:41.486 [DEBUG][14] {
"recordings": [
]
}

Can you supply your npvr.db3 file?

Martin
If you can post the npvr.db3, I should be able to get to the bottom of it fairly quickly
I don't use the web app to play the videos since it won't play the mp4 versions that I have converted.

I do like to use the web interface for looking at the TVGuide, scheduling recordings and going thru to do cleanup of stuff that I want to delete.  As long as they are on the recent recordings list, it works great, but after they fall off that list it is too hard to navigate.

I use KNEWC on Kodi on a bunch of FireSticks to watch the recordings.  Often I just use Kodi to watch them via the Video/Files menu option which is easier to navigate since my new stuff is in the /recordings folder and all the legacy stuff from my v4 system is in the /video folder.  That way my new stuff is easier to navigate.  It is hard to do much with the firetv remote.  I sued to have some keymappings that you did for me that did a pgup and pgdn for the FF and REW buttons but I can't find it anymore.  It still has the option where I can hit the info button and get the menu where I can press 1-9 to jump in the list.

Anyway, attached is the db3 file.  It's pretty big.

Thanks
Steve Tyrakowski
Anything over 2mb zipped needs to be linked to cloud storage

Martin
(2020-05-21, 12:56 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Anything over 2mb zipped needs to be linked to cloud storage

Martin

Yeah the attachment failed. 

I put the file here so you can grab it.  

www.sct-associates.com/npvr.zip

Thanks
Steve Tyrakowski
Are you sure that dll did'nt fix it? After you copied it to /opt/system/nextpvr did your restart the server?

Martin
(2020-05-21, 01:11 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that dll did'nt fix it?  After you copied it to /opt/system/nextpvr did your restart the server?

Martin

yes, I stopped the nextpvr-server to copy and then started it after.  When it still didn't work I also rebooted the linux box with no luck.

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 4