NextPVR Forums

Full Version: RPi4 crashes or root disk is unmounted while recording on Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running the lastest version of NextPVR on a Raspberry PI 4.

I was able to record one show at a time successfully about 5 or 6 times.

I am using a USB connected Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD to record ATSC.

When I tried to record 2 shows at the same time ... the RPi crashes and I have to reboot or the root disk becomes unmounted and I don't have access to any commands.

The only way to get out of this situation is to reboot.

The message I get when i run a simple ls command : the message I get is bash: /bin/ls: Input/output error.

I have uploaded the logs.
It's quite possible your RPi is starting before your devices are ready. I would start up RPI and then restart the service until you figure out how much delay is necessary.

I would also disable comskip until you get things sorted out, this is an RPi after all and you have limited resources. Not sure 2 will be possible.

Martin
(2020-06-04, 05:21 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]It's quite possible your RPi is starting before your devices are ready.  I would start up RPI and then restart the service until you figure out how much delay is necessary.

I would also disable comskip until you get things sorted out, this is an RPi after all and you have limited resources.  Not sure 2 will be possible.

Martin

Thanks for the quick post Martin.

Is the delay something I can configure? which service do I restart and how?
The help for the deb installer and the service it install is here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid524821

Assuming that is your problem this is the script I use https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid530707 after you figure out how much time you need.

Martin
What am I looking for after I restart the service? 

This is what I get when I run $ service nextpvr-server status:

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nextpvr-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Active: active (running) since Mon 2020-06-08 17:17:07 EDT; 1h 49min ago
  Process: 383 ExecStart=/opt/nextpvr/shell/server.sh start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 425 (dotnet)
    Tasks: 20 (limit: 4915)
  Memory: 140.5M
  CGroup: /system.slice/nextpvr-server.service
          ├─425 /opt/dotnet/dotnet /opt/nextpvr/system/NextPVRServer.dll
          └─929 /opt/nextpvr/system/DeviceHost/arm32/DeviceHostLinux -listen:35259 -type:ATSC -device:adapter0 -instance:1 -parent:425

Jun 08 17:17:05 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting NextPVRServer...
Jun 08 17:17:07 raspberrypi server.sh[383]: Starting server..Done. PID=425
Jun 08 17:17:07 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started NextPVRServer.

I tried to delay the start of the nextpvr service with your script, but i am not sure I was successful.

I have attached the logs from the latest crash:[attachment=1697]
How did you determine that 18 seconds was enough time to wait? Did you look at dmesg to come up with that? If not maybe zip upload the output from
sudo dmesg and I can help you out.

Are you in Ottawa too?

Martin
I didn't know how long to wait so I just tried your script - took a chance.

How do I determine how long to wait? What would I be looking at in dmesg?

Here is a copy of the output  ...
[attachment=1698]

Yes I am in Ottawa as well. In Barrhaven. Guessing by your logo, you are a Raptors fan?
Was that complete output? It seems short. If that was complete the last lines was 20 seconds in still sending the firmware to your device, so I'd try a wait of 21. Also are you using wifi?

Yes Raptors replaced my Sens logo last year. Also Sens (hate the 'Leafs) and Red Blacks. I'm north-east the river, reception from the south tower sucks, now that the trees are out I lose a few channels.

Martin
Yes that's the cmoplete output. The last lines referring to Silicon Graphics are downloading the firmware?

BTW, I see in the logs that the PreStartup.sh script is being run, but is exiting quite quickly. Is that ok or is there something wrong with it?

I am using Wifi, but I could easily hook it up to ethernet if it makes a difference.

I am a huge Sens fan (also hate the Leafs).

You are talking about the tower near Osgoode right ? I still get all channels most of the time. My antenna is up quite high on my roof.

What I am ultimately trying to do is get reception at my trailer on the Big Rideau.
Yes if you look earlier in the log the Hauppauge card shows it is using the SI chip. By downloading firmware that is from the file on the SD card to the h/w.

Check tvfool for the long lat of your site to see what to expect.

wifi won't matter if the plan is to play on the server with kodi.

Martin
Pages: 1 2