NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot stream live TV after new install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed NPVR v5 on an Ubuntu 20.x machine.  I use a HDHomeRun Prime as my tuner and an RPi.

I think that I have everything installed correctly.  I installed the HDHomeRun application and I can see the device and tuners and all of the channels via the HDHomeRun GUI.  NPVR scanned in the channels just fine.  I can see the channels just fine within the application, I can load the channels just in in RPi, but I just can't play anything.

From what I can tell, everything is installed correctly and functioning correctly.  I just can't stream any live TV.  Please see attached log files.

Thanks

Daryl

[attachment=undefined][attachment=1692]
Quote:2020-06-07 13:36:10.879 [ERROR][126] Unexpected error creating TSWriter map: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/usr/local/nextpvr/Temp/live-WOWTDT-1639-3.ts.map' is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
It looks like your live tv buffer directory set to a location that cannot be written to.
(2020-06-07, 07:08 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:2020-06-07 13:36:10.879 [ERROR][126] Unexpected error creating TSWriter map: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/usr/local/nextpvr/Temp/live-WOWTDT-1639-3.ts.map' is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
It looks like your live tv buffer directory set to a location that cannot be written to.

I've looked at permission multiple times.   My user can write to that directory.  Is there a specific user that NPVR should be installed and run as?  

Thanks

Daryl
Based on everything I see in the logs the install was quite bad.  Did you do everything with the deb installer?

Martin
(2020-06-07, 07:41 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Based on everything I see in the logs the install was quite bad.  Did you do everything with the deb installer?

Martin

The install was quite bad? Yes, I used the deb installer.  I'll rip it out, and try again.

Thanks

Daryl
Just re-downloaded and re-installed the package:

Quote:root@npvr01:/home/npvr-user/Downloads# curl https://nextpvr.com/nextpvr-helper.deb -O
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed  Time    Time    Time  Current
                                Dload  Upload  Total  Spent    Left  Speed
100  5832  100  5832    0    0  46656      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 46285
root@npvr01:/home/npvr-user/Downloads# apt install ./nextpvr-helper.deb --install-recommends
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'nextpvr-helper' instead of './nextpvr-helper.deb'
The following additional packages will be installed:
  dtv-scan-tables dvb-tools hdhomerun-config libdvbv5-0
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  dtv-scan-tables dvb-tools hdhomerun-config libdvbv5-0 nextpvr-helper
0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 26 not upgraded.
Need to get 644 kB/650 kB of archives.
After this operation, 16.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get:1 /home/npvr-user/Downloads/nextpvr-helper.deb nextpvr-helper all 1.4 [5,832 B]
Get:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 libdvbv5-0 amd64 1.18.0-2build1 [102 kB]
Get:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/universe amd64 dvb-tools amd64 1.18.0-2build1 [49.9 kB]
Get:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/universe amd64 hdhomerun-config amd64 20200225-1 [32.3 kB]
Get:5 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/universe amd64 dtv-scan-tables all 0+git20190925.6d01903-0.1 [460 kB]
Fetched 644 kB in 1s (1,242 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libdvbv5-0:amd64.
(Reading database ... 198827 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libdvbv5-0_1.18.0-2build1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libdvbv5-0:amd64 (1.18.0-2build1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package dvb-tools.
Preparing to unpack .../dvb-tools_1.18.0-2build1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking dvb-tools (1.18.0-2build1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package hdhomerun-config.
Preparing to unpack .../hdhomerun-config_20200225-1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking hdhomerun-config (20200225-1) ...
Preparing to unpack .../Downloads/nextpvr-helper.deb ...
preinst
Warning: The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of nextpvr-server.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.
Linux
linux-64
Archive:  /tmp/NPVR.zip
  inflating: /opt/nextpvr/system/Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.dll
useradd: group nextpvr exists - if you want to add this user to that group, use -g.
usermod: user 'nextpvr' does not exist
Unpacking nextpvr-helper (1.4) ...
Selecting previously unselected package dtv-scan-tables.
Preparing to unpack .../dtv-scan-tables_0+git20190925.6d01903-0.1_all.deb ...
Unpacking dtv-scan-tables (0+git20190925.6d01903-0.1) ...
Setting up libdvbv5-0:amd64 (1.18.0-2build1) ...
Setting up nextpvr-helper (1.4) ...
install: invalid user ‘’
Job for nextpvr-server.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status nextpvr-server.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
dpkg: error processing package nextpvr-helper (--configure):
installed nextpvr-helper package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Setting up dvb-tools (1.18.0-2build1) ...
Setting up hdhomerun-config (20200225-1) ...
Setting up dtv-scan-tables (0+git20190925.6d01903-0.1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
nextpvr-helper
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@npvr01:/home/npvr-user/Downloads#

Suggestions?

Thanks

Daryl
Did you run as sudo?

Mart
(2020-06-07, 08:18 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Did you run as sudo?

Mart

In that post I ran as root, but then decided to re-run using sudo.  I still received a number of errors, so I decided to rip out Ubuntu completely, re-install the OS and re-install NPVR.  I noticed during this that the NPVR is trying to use a user called "nextpvr". I did try adding the user manually, but it failed.  So this time I installed the OS with that user.

I'll update.

Thanks

Daryl
Yes the installer creates a user called nextpvr. Are you saying that is failing?

Martin
(2020-06-07, 08:49 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the installer creates a user called nextpvr.  Are you saying that is failing?

Martin

Yes, creating that user has been failing.  I didn't realize that until I tried a re-install.   I even tried creating the user manually, but it failed, so I am in the process of a complete fresh re-install.   I created the nextpvr user on installation.  

Daryl
Pages: 1 2