NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tuners showing as "(unavailable)" in web interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Hauppaug 4 channel PCIE tuner card on ubuntu 20.04. I've followed the hauppaug linux install instructions and installed the next pvr client as instructed in this forum. However, the devices are showing as "unavailable" and when I try to scan for channels, nothing happens (I'm selecting the us-ATSC-centerfrequencies-8VSB option). I've attached all the log files I currently have. Thanks
[attachment=1785]
Are you scanning right after a reboot? If so run a restart on the server, NextPVR sometimes starts up before devices are ready.

I also noticed in the log where it did find your device and you scanned Calgary, I suggest the limited one for ATSC the city based files may not be accurate.

Martin
That odd the latest fix should have address that with NextPVR
(2020-06-21, 09:36 PM)shspvr Wrote: [ -> ]That odd the latest fix should have address that with NextPVR
Isn't the fix for QUADHD USB?  The OP reported PCIE

Martin
(2020-06-21, 09:43 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-21, 09:36 PM)shspvr Wrote: [ -> ]That odd the latest fix should have address that with NextPVR
Isn't the fix for QUADHD USB?  The OP reported PCIE

Martin

There one in same both shear the same hardware other then there interface
(2020-06-21, 05:53 PM)ctdenney Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Hauppaug 4 channel PCIE tuner card on ubuntu 20.04. I've followed the hauppaug linux install instructions and installed the next pvr client as instructed in this forum. However, the devices are showing as "unavailable" and when I try to scan for channels, nothing happens (I'm selecting the us-ATSC-centerfrequencies-8VSB option). I've attached all the log files I currently have. Thanks

ctdenney did you upgrade from older ver of Ubuntu or this fresh install of Ubuntu ?
(2020-06-21, 09:30 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Are you scanning right after a reboot?  If so run a restart on the server, NextPVR sometimes starts up before devices are ready.

I also noticed in the log where  it did find your device and you scanned Calgary, I suggest the limited one for ATSC the city based files may not be accurate.

Martin
I tried scanning for devices after a server reboot (when the computer had been running for several hours) and got the same unavailable message. Re: calgary, yeah, after I realized that afterwards and was trying the generic ATSC scan instead of a regional scan after that.
(2020-06-21, 10:06 PM)shspv Wrote: [ -> ]ctdenney did you upgrade from older ver of Ubuntu or this fresh install of Ubuntu ?

Fresh install of Ubuntu.
Ok but did you try to scan after the PC rebooted and then restarting NextPVR with

sudo service nextpvr-server restart

Martin