NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel order incorrect Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have a system running Linux Mint (Mate) 19.3 with Nextpvr 5.0.6.2000614. Everything works very well except that
the channel order is all wrong. This the same as has been reported elsewhere, i.e. the channel order is numbered in
sequence by the order in which the mux's are scanned and in ascending frequency order within the mux. I have 
increased scan drop time without effect. I was looking to look at npvr.log to try and ensure that the lcn's are
actually present, but I don't have an npvr.log. The only log files I have are device-adapter and nrecord logs. My
win10 system also with Nextpvr has this log as expected, and I can see the lcn's. How can diagnosis of this
problem be pursued without an nprvr.log ? Or am I missing something? I have done all previously suggested
fixes, delete all channels and re-scan (several times). The tuner is usb hauppauge dual HD. As I say everything 
else works well. How can I get an npvr.log ? (or an equivalent log) Any help appreciated. Thanks.
I don't know if changing the scan time on linux works the same as on Windows anyway. Don't hesitate to send zipped logs everything on linux is there.

Martin
Yeah, we'll need to see the logs.

What country are you in?

The <ScanDropTime> setting isn't used on Linux.
I'm in the UK, will do a re-scan and post logs. Thanks
(2020-07-21, 08:36 AM)mcbloggs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the UK, will do a re-scan and post logs. Thanks

For the avoidance of doubt ... https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/get-help
[attachment=undefined]I deleted all channels, rebooted and scanned both adapters seperately, the results were as before. I attach the logs. Thanks
(2020-07-22, 11:31 AM)mcbloggs Wrote: [ -> ][attachment=undefined]I deleted all channels, rebooted and scanned both adapters seperately, the results were as before. I attach the logs. Thanks

Sadly ... the forum software will not accept an attachment that is larger than 2 Meg ... You might need to put the zip file on a cloud server such as Dropbox.
[attachment=undefined][attachment=undefined]I guess I didn't attach the logs. I tried again but just got a big red cross and if I try insert into post
there is a long red window which I guess means there's something wrong with the attachment. Is there a size limit perhaps ? my zip is 35MB. Ok just seen
size limit of 2MB. Is there a cloud server I can upload to ? As you might deduce I'm a noob.
logs-20200722-0925.zip (file://W10TV/Users/W10TV/Dropbox/Nextpvr/logs-20200722-0925.zip)
I think the above link should give you access to the logs, I guess you'll soon let me know if not.
(2020-07-22, 12:22 PM)mcbloggs Wrote: [ -> ]logs-20200722-0925.zip (file://W10TV/Users/W10TV/Dropbox/Nextpvr/logs-20200722-0925.zip)
I think the above link should give you access to the logs, I guess you'll soon let me know if not.

That will only be available to folk in your house ... Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ and create a free account and upload the zip file to Dropbox ... you can then "share" the file in Dropbox and "copy" the Dropbox link into a post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5